Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
I think i'm the only one that thinks BILLET grilles look stupid and cheap, although they are not cheap bye any means. to each his own i guess...

BILLET grilles remind me of when i'm stepping onto the escalator at the mall.

Yeah, that's it that's what they should call it! the "billet ESCALATOR grille"

Made by OTIS :jester:

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL Pro...

Personally I am not much into them either...I think the only 'part' I want to cover on my frontend is the lower area. If I could just get that piece, I would probably paint or powdercoat it 'Smoke'.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Texas...that link isn't working for me. How did you get to the 'store' portion of it?

chris

·
Registered
41 Posts
CaliforniaTitan said:
Texas...that link isn't working for me. How did you get to the 'store' portion of it?

chris
Ok, updated the link.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
CaliforniaTitan said:
Just saw this on Ebay....

Chris
Yeah, I think its sweet personally....Here's the link to the company that makes it:

B Cool Billets

·
Registered
513 Posts
I like the billet grilles but i wouldn't take off the whole plastic or chrome front end of the truck and just make it a huge billet. It should just cover the mesh grille part. You don't want to take away the unique styling of your Titan.

·
Registered
497 Posts
i think on a silver truck it looks very smooth and makes the front look bigger, it would be too much for a deep color imo.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Texas Titan said:
Here is another grill some may be interested in.

4 PIECE QUARTER "Z" GRILLE FOR THE 04 TITAN AND ARMADA. HIGH POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL. EASY INSTALLATION! SHIPPING INCLUDED!

http://www.atlantaauto.com/egc.htm

Hello Texas Titan:

Is that your Titan in the photo? I really like this look since the beefy Titan grill is still intact! This is a less radical enhancement that looks better - imo.

:thumbsup:

NITEBLITZ

·
Registered
93 Posts
I agree with CaliforniaTitan about installing something in the opening at the bottom of the bumper. I would also want it black to match the honeycomb insert of the stock grille. It would be great if we could find an insert with that same honeycomb pattern for the bottom opening. I don't understand why they left such a large opening for rocks or other road debris to fly into possibly damaging something. If I don't find something, I may give in and buy the smaller billet piece for the bumper and paint it black. The other does look kinda cool but I like that bold look the stock grille has.
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
"I may give in and buy the smaller billet piece for the bumper and paint it black."

I may give in and buy some heavy black screen material for a couple of bucks to keep the rocks out of the fan.

·
Super Moderator
35,733 Posts
Canteen Titan said:
I agree with CaliforniaTitan about installing something in the opening at the bottom of the bumper. I would also want it black to match the honeycomb insert of the stock grille. It would be great if we could find an insert with that same honeycomb pattern for the bottom opening. I don't understand why they left such a large opening for rocks or other road debris to fly into possibly damaging something. If I don't find something, I may give in and buy the smaller billet piece for the bumper and paint it black. The other does look kinda cool but I like that bold look the stock grille has.
:cheers:
My thoughts exactly! Maybe another project for a group buy? Any manufacturer interested?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Prometheus said:
I think i'm the only one that thinks BILLET grilles look stupid and cheap, although they are not cheap bye any means. to each his own i guess...

BILLET grilles remind me of when i'm stepping onto the escalator at the mall.

Yeah, that's it that's what they should call it! the "billet ESCALATOR grille"

Made by OTIS :jester:
Years a go when I saw the billet grills on those Ford trucks and I thought they were cool. But like anything else, when you see too many of them now, it becomes ordinary and trendy.

·
Registered
62 Posts
check this OTHER grille

Check the following links to ANOTHER grille. I like the look of this more than the billet look. Its from a company called StreetScenes and they had it on an Armada at this years SEMA show. I don't believe its available to the public yet. The grille comes in brushed aluminum or chrome. I think its pretty sweet and will be keeping my eye out for it!!

http://wavarmada.com/DesktopModules/Photos/view_image.aspx?id=96&mid=841&pid=5

http://wavarmada.com/DesktopModules/Photos/view_image.aspx?id=61&mid=841&pid=5

http://wavarmada.com/DesktopModules/Photos/view_image.aspx?id=60&mid=841&pid=5

http://wavarmada.com/DesktopModules/Photos/view_image.aspx?id=59&mid=841&pid=5

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just a little FYI for you guys that like the grilles that dboogie posted here are the part numbers for the main grille and valance.

Brushed
Main: 950-77345
Valance : 950-77346

Polished
Main: 950-78345
Valance: 950-78346

Hope this helps you guys

Rich

EDIT: Sorry for the spelling. In my defense I have been up way to long and the e is right by the r on the keyboard. :smoke: < me smoking my crack pipe

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
i like this style much better DBOOGIE, thanks for the posts!!! i am interested in the bottom one, and depending on how it looks i may or may not paint it black. I like it because it will protect the radiator down below from what another guy said, rock and debris from flying in and doing damage. :teeth:

·
Registered
62 Posts
1) ATITAN4ME - HEY, the name is dboogie.... :lol:
thanks for the part number.

2) PROMETHEUS - No problem! I think these grilles loook waaaay better too! I wish Nissan would've ATLEAST made a grille for the lower bumper that looks like the upper/main grill!!! I would've beeen satisfied with that. But i may just go with these StreetScene grilles. I'm just wondering if i get the chrome/polished ones, along with the chrome on the bumpers will it be CHROME OVERKILL :huh:

·
Registered
9 Posts
ATitan4Me said:
Just a little FYI for you guys that like the grilles that dboogie posted here are the part numbers for the main grille and valance.

Brushed
Main: 950-77345
Valance : 950-77346

Polished
Main: 950-78345
Valance: 950-78346

Where can a guy find these I had this type of grill on my Dakota and have been looking for one for the Titan

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Howie Kaluha said:
Yeah, I think its sweet personally....Here's the link to the company that makes it:

B Cool Billets
i have that same grill on my truck and i am waiting for them to build the lower bumper grill. they are a stand up company and thier products are awsome. the grill looks even better in person. i have a least one person a day commenting on the grill and then asking what kind of truck is that, most say is that a f150 and i say HELL no its a nissan :jester: :jester:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts