Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys... I've searched through other threads for my answer, but I'm not sure I'm on the right track. Man, some of the problems I've read though really scare me.
Anyway... Here's what I have. 2004 CC bought used with 56K on it now. Runs well, and I keep the oil changed and all that jazz. No mods. Now on to my issue. In warmer months it seems, when at idle, I'm getting a kinda low rattle, like something loose coming from what I assume is the back side of the motor. I know the truck doesn't have an aux cooling fan, but sometimes it sounds like an aux fan kicks in. Maybe the fan clutch or something? The sound isn't so noticeable from outside, but more so from inside, but it's defiinitely related to the hotter conditions and when it seems to go into some kind of additional cooling mode.
I read the thread and TSP about the EVAP Canister stuff. Is this it? I do have the OLD service port on the hose assy.
My mystery sound just doesn't sound like a "knock" to me though. It's not a rythmic sound, but does change slightly with RPMs, but goes away as soon as the louder fan sound goes away. If it was a fan clutch wouldn't I hear it more outside?
Any input is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, you're good! I never would have thought this could be the culprit. I didn't fix it exactly as the TSB said, but I did get a good fix.

MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm not sure if im having the same sound but it kinda sounds like it but from im told it may be alifter from over reving it, is this true or could it be the same situation?

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think this is more along the lines with the problem im having, espically when he said " hearing it in the drive through"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The TSP on the condensor fan fixed my rattle. It surely didn't sound like something coming from the front of the motor, but I haven't heard it again since "repairing" my condensor fan shroud. When you look up just left of center directly behind the front bumper you'll see the lower side of the condensor fan and shroud. You should notice to "pegs" (about 10" apart)coming through the larger plastic brace. The pegs are about 1/2" wide. If the pegs are loose inside the mount and you can move the fan shroud, you may have the same problem I did. Good luck and thanks again to Bestatchess! Long live the Titan!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts