Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did something a little different with my PNP Sirius install. I used the windshield mount. I attached the craddle for the PNP upside down on the windshield mount. I placed the mount on the passenger side on the center console. Experiment a little bit. Make sure it will not impeed on the passenger seat space. Also I made sure the lower part of the mount will be out of site hidden by the seat. The suction cup will not hold on the plastic center console. I used a couple drops of super glue to do the job. There is enough flexablility in the windshield mount that if you bump the unit, no big deal. Take your time when you with placement. Make sure the unit will be visible from the drivers seat. Then it is a simple matter of hiding the excess wire under the center console. I will be changing out the wire loom to something smaller this is the only size I had on hand. When you trade or if you want to remove the unit, the only visible sign it was ever there will be a little glue residue hidden behind the passenger seat. I bought a second car kit that I use if I want to take the PNP unit with me. This was my solution thought I would share it with you guys.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ecmeyla said:
I put mine right here
I thought about that too. I tried putting the unit there at night and even on the low setting the light bothered me. I didn't really want to turn the unit lights off. I was also concerned about leaving holes in such a visible location if I chose to pull the unit out. I should hard wire the thing in, that would clean it up a bit. I won't ditch using the aux input though, the sound difference is amazing. Do you know if there is a matching imput on the back of the OEM radio?

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
The only wire showing is my Monster cable from the AUX into the dash. On my 06 I hid all the wires by slicing into the AUX wire, put in a addd a fuse to the fuse box. Sirius has a Starmate that has the same color as the Titan dash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.