Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Are you guys that are ordering putting a deposit down in order to "order" you Titan? Along with that, I was @ the dealer here in Vegas about an hour ago and he flat out told me that all of you who say you're "ordering" are liars. That's a quote from him. He says he can only get specific trucks through dealer trading.

2. When you order a truck from a dealer, are you negotiating price when you order or are you waiting until the truck get to the dealer? It seems like they won't even talk price around here unless they get $1000 first. I don't have a problem putting down the cash as long as I know I'll get the exact truck I want and I know the price I'll be paying whe it gets here.

3. Are you guys mostly paying MSRP? I've seen the other threads about this, but I'd like some more input if possible. Once I gave the dealer the nissan.com prinout of the exact truck I want and brought up negotiating price, he said that I'd have to pay sticker. I told him that there's no point in giving him the printout then since I won't pay MSRP. He took the printout back out of the folder and basically threw it at me. Then I left and I won't be back. Needless to say, my wife and I are not too satisfied with the customer service.

Any thoughts are helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
1. Yes. I only had to put down $500. I actually talked to 4 of the dealers here in town and discussed "ordering" with all of them. *shrug* If he thinks I'm lying he isn't getting my money anyhow. =)

2. I negotiated price before I put down any money. It wouldn't be very advantageous to put down money before negotiating. If you did that, the salesman would know that he could pretty much come back with any figure and you'd by it. He already has your money. It puts you on the defensive pretty quickly. How can you negotiate if they know you're going to buy? Figure up a price you two can agree on, then order and put money down. Bottom line is you are the one with the money and they want your business.

3. I did not pay MSRP. I negotiated $2k under MSRP. It took a lot of work to get that. I would expect your results to vary to your location and dealer.

One of the dealers here in town would not come off of MSRP. I kinda laughed at him and left. Two days later I ordered the truck I wanted from another dealership.

If you want my dealership's number, let me know. =)

·
Registered
147 Posts
enos said:
1. Are you guys that are ordering putting a deposit down in order to "order" you Titan?

2. When you order a truck from a dealer, are you negotiating price when you order or are you waiting until the truck get to the dealer?

3. Are you guys mostly paying MSRP?
Any thoughts are helpful. Thanks.
1. You should only put down a small deposit. I heard credit card is better than check because you could still cancel the payment if the truck is not what you thought. Check would already be gone.

2. Negotiate before any order.

3. You should be able to get under MSRP by $1000 to $2500 in extreme cases. That's the best I've heard so far.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
All the Dealerships that I called and went into about 9 all said that they will order me a truck no problem, I got all of them to come down from MSRP. 1 dealer was 700 off next one was able to get down to 1500. off , I FOUND THE SMALL DEALERSHIPS were a lot friendlyer to me and got the price down on an order out to 500. above invoice price or about 1.5% mark up. you should allways get a comfermed price on your order and put down a deposit on it. I put 500. down on mine. ALSO MAKE SURE YOU GET THE ORDER IN WRITTING WITH A SIGNATURE FROM THE SALES MANAGER, have them make you a copy of it, this will have all your options ect. on it with the agred price and singed buy the manager,so there can be no shady mistakes or WRONG PRICES ,for your truck. I order mine Dec 4. LE CC GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. I know I did the right thing by walking on the dealer. It's funny to me that rather than negotiating a price for someone who's serious about a truck to sell one, these dealers would rather have inventory on their lots. They're not making any money if they aren't selling any trucks. Keep the answers coming!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
From my dealer and I quote " I have to do it, I am trying to grow a dealership here!"

I ordered my 04 Maxima and my 04 Titan from him. Great price, almost easy to deal with, great location!

Each time I put a deposit down, negotiated the price, including trade.

If you trade make sure they only mark the trade subject to damage appraisal, and not re-appraisal. They tried to switch the price on me with that one!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Over the years., I've found the best way to get your price is to start
from dealer's invoice, not MSRP! If they blow you off..walk!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
The best place I FOUND WAS kbb. KELLY BLUE BOOK. Start from there , and call all the dealers you can find, and LOOK IN OTHER STATES IF YOU HAVE TO. GOOD LUCK!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts