Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my truck into the dealership yesterday for them to check out why my truck's SES light came on (P0455). While I was there, I asked them to do the wiring harness recall. Well, long story short, the harness recall was done in about 20 minutes (she told me an hour or more), and the engine code was from an evap system leak (I'm not too mechanically inclined so the guy was confusing me a little) that Nissan knows there is an issue with. Upside is that there is some sort of replacement breather kit or something to remedy this. Downside is that it is on back order and won't get it for another 1 to 2 weeks. He said it was okay to drive the truck around even if the SES light came back on, and that they'd call me when the kit came it. Anyone else have any experience with this situation??

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
baseballfanz said:
P0455 is Evap leak, usually a faulty gas cap.
That's what i thought it could be too, but when they checked it out, there was an actual problem with something other than the gas cap. It's all covered under warranty, so hey if they want to start replacing things and there's no cost to me, i say go for it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Mine's in the shop right now for various problems, including the SES light with P0455 code.
They are replacing my water seperator and vent control valve. Not sure if it's a known problem or not though.
Several members have had bad gas caps, which I figured I'd have, but apparently that's not always the case!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Getting towards the end of my standard warranty I decided to go in and have few things done. Made the appt and then the very same day my SES light came on. Well I thought it may have been the MAF so I pulled it and sure enough it was coated with filter oil. I cleaned and put back in. 50 miles later the SES went out. 50 miles again the SES came on, this time MAF was clean. 150 miles later the SES went out. Finally at the deal I ask them to check it and it was the EVAP thing, part of back order and all that. I said back order for a gas cap!! Not the gas cap. Anyhow I go Friday to have it all replaced.

BTW at 32,000 miles I had all the hard plastic on the on the exterior replaced minus the tail gate top cover and bed liner for fading out, they didn't hesitate.

·
Registered
495 Posts
This is weird, I posted about this couple of months ago and it seemed I was the only unlucky one. And now it's a known problem?

Anyway, mine SES with the same code came on 3 times consistently about 2 months apart. Dealer practically replaced every components on the Evap system. The 4th time it came up, I waited for 2 weeks before making the appointment and the mornng I was on the way to dealer to get it checked out, the ses light turned off and has been off since. The only thing I noticed that was the day before my appointment, I did lots of short trips around town.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I had a rear axle leak fixed last week. According to the dealer the CEL came on during the test drive and they had to replace a valve on the evap cannister. They listed it as warranty on the work order, but now I'm wondering if it isn't a TSB. Too much coincidence IMHO.

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
amati5 said:
This is weird, I posted about this couple of months ago and it seemed I was the only unlucky one. And now it's a known problem?

Anyway, mine SES with the same code came on 3 times consistently about 2 months apart. Dealer practically replaced every components on the Evap system. The 4th time it came up, I waited for 2 weeks before making the appointment and the mornng I was on the way to dealer to get it checked out, the ses light turned off and has been off since. The only thing I noticed that was the day before my appointment, I did lots of short trips around town.
Update: My SES light came on again yesterday. I went straight to the dealer and later got a call saying they special ordered a new control unit with filter kit. From the message from service advisor, it sounded like a new kit to fix this problem. I checked the part numbers with the previous invoices and it looks like a new part. Mine is an 04, 5 months past 3 years and only has 23k miles but since it was diagnosed when it was still under warranty, it'll be covered.

Also the code I've been getting is P0456 which is a very small leak.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts