Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my truck sits exactly how I want it to look, but I do have a couple complaints and would like to know what I can do to fix these issues. I mostly drive on freeways and surface streets but occasionally my truck does see a dirt road and snow. My suspension is 100% stock with a 2.5" spacer up front. How can I fix the following issues? What would you do?

- Drive is a little bumpy overall. Would like it to ride like butter
- CBC when going over speed bumps (Unless I go slow)

Open to all options, except I don't really want any more lift, because I love the way the truck currently sits (attached).

Attachments

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Get aftermarket UCA's to get rid of the CBC, either DK's, PRG or RC's, I prefer the Bushing DK arms. Get Bilstien 5100 struts and shocks. keep your spacer and put the 5100's on the bottom setting or get rid of the 2.5" and drop it down to 1.5" and put the Bilstiens on the middle setting

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get aftermarket UCA's to get rid of the CBC, either DK's, PRG or RC's, I prefer the Bushing DK arms. Get Bilstien 5100 struts and shocks. keep your spacer and put the 5100's on the bottom setting or get rid of the 2.5" and drop it down to 1.5" and put the Bilstiens on the middle setting
And that will take care of all my problems and keep me at the same ride height?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about the springs up front??? They don't come with them right?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Sorry, had to work this morning at 5am, been going ever since. RC arms are fine, ran them for 3-4 years before I swapped over to the DK arms. You will have to swap the springs off your OEM struts over to the 5100's, did mine with a set of spring compressors from OReilly's. The setups I mentioned above will keep you at the same height you are at right now, might gain a touch more in the front due to the OEM struts being old and worn. Are you 2wd or 4wd?? What is your fender height measurement now up front (ground to center of Fender/wheel well)

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Just under 39", you could swap out your springs to and get some 08+ 4wd ones, they will be slightly stiffer but will pick you up about another inch

·
Registered
8,174 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just under 39", you could swap out your springs to and get some 08+ 4wd ones, they will be slightly stiffer but will pick you up about another inch
Is stiffer a good thing? Honestly I don't really know that much about suspension. I just want a big upgrade from what I currently have and don't want the appearance to change I am ok with 1-2" height gain if the ride is greatly improved.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Most guys that go this route seem to be happy with it, I'm 4wd so I already have the stiffer springs, but I have a couple hundred extra pounds up front with the added front differential. The Bilstiens are a significant improvement over OEM struts.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
my 4600`s are a big improvement over stock. I`m also 2wd and opted to lower the rear instead of lift the front to level.

CBC is bc you raised the front.

OP check you tire pressures as well, to much and it will bounce over bumps instead of absorb them...

FishnAlaska gave you a good recipe.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
what Fishn said. you just got new tires so check the pressure, they might've been set at 60 because the tires say so....but your a half ton so 35-40 will be fine.

the 2.5" spacer is whats killing your ride IMO. also the stock uppers running out of travel, but the stock shocks are limited in travel anyways. I'm probably going to get rid of my 2" spacer on my Fox Coilers and drop to the 1.5" for the same reason, all that lift is pushing the arms down and taking away from the droop travel (suspension dropping down, as opposed to "bump"-suspension compressing)

if you did go with new stiffer springs you could ditch the sway bar and it'll ride "butter" especially on the occasional dirt road...ride like butter relative to your current setup.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Suspension can be tricky, how much money do you have to spend? And will you be installing the parts yourself? I like my 5100s with 08 pro4x coils but I would buy a nice set of coilovers if I could do it all over again. Something like this setup here. PRG Products

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if you did go with new stiffer springs you could ditch the sway bar and it'll ride "butter" especially on the occasional dirt road...ride like butter relative to your current setup.
What would removing the sway bar do? Isn't that an important part of my suspension?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Suspension can be tricky, how much money do you have to spend? And will you be installing the parts yourself? I like my 5100s with 08 pro4x coils but I would buy a nice set of coilovers if I could do it all over again. Something like this setup here. PRG Products
I would love to get that setup but there is just no way right now.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
What would removing the sway bar do? Isn't that an important part of my suspension?
Removing it will allow driver side to act independently from passenger and vice versa. Downfall-more sway especially on highway overpasses. We have those all over in Phoenix and it's still not that bad.

If you hate it you can always re install it. It's 4 big bolts on the cross member and the one on each lca.

With bilsteins and especially if you went with the stiffer pro4x springs you'd probably hit the sweet spot in having the sway bar removed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts