Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Crew Cab 4X4 Titan 150,000 miles

Here's my problem.

The problem started with the truck sputtering and stalling like it had bad gas and then progressed to stalling and or dieseling all of the time.
I read on the forum about IPDM problems and swapping the relays.
I swapped the relays out and the truck ran like a champ for about a day.
At this time I had a "lean fuel bank 2 code".
I reset the ECM and the code never came back,but the truck started back stalling and crap.
I got a new IPDM and installed it this morning and the truck did the same exact thing it did with the old IPDM.
Just for the hell of it I un-plugged the MAF sensor and started the truck.
Of course I got the check engine light and a "SLIP' light,but the truck would actually idle.
It doesn't run like it supposed to,but it runs way better than it did.
Well....I plugged the sensor back in and reset the ECM and when I crank it now it runs just as crappy as it did before I unplugged the MAF sensor.

Just to clarify,there are no codes coming up now when I start the truck and it stalls or diesels.

I'm at a loss.Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
^^^That and make sure that it's in the correct air flow position.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay.
I cleaned the MAF sensor with some compressed air(all I had at the time) put it all back together and of course,forgot to plug it back in before cranking.
I started it up and got the same codes as before.I figured out my stupidity and killed the truck and plugged it back in.
I cleared the codes and started it up.
The thing idles perfectly.
It seems to be running at almost 100%.I'll get the proper cleaner for the MAF and hit it again.
Thanks for the help.I really do appreciate it cause I was seriously thinking about setting the Titan on fire and watching it burn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts