Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been thinking about getting a titan just want to know if there are any years that are better then others

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
The 2000's were pretty bad.
Quality was nonexistent.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
walleeme said:
Quality was nonexistent.
LOL

Depends upon what toys and gadgets you want.

I have a 2004.
In 2005, they changed the rear window to a power slider.
By the end of 2005 most had updated differential covers that were finned and bigger rotors.
They also included a tailgate assist.

In 2007, updated tweaks eeked out an extra 10 hp
In 2008, there are a variety of options including gauge cluster refinement, long bed.

Of course the rule typically is the older model is cheaper than a newer one so your budget is what sets the buying point.

Want to be rare-get a 2004 Sedonna!

If you're thinking of upgrading to Stillen Brakes, then get something that already has 18" wheels.

·
Registered
561 Posts
walleeme said:
Quality was nonexistent.
01 - 03 were the same, LOL.

I have an '04 and have been very pleased overall, but I guess you could say they've gotten better every year...

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
docweedon said:
I'm partial to the '06 model year myself :D
I see they come with an off road bike for those who ordered the off road package!

·
Premium Member
3,840 Posts
I'd say 2005 or newer. Not looking to insult 04 owners but the 05's had a few tweaks that make the ownership experience just a bit more pleasant.

Clint

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I had an 05 and now an 07, which I like much better from a fit and finish standpoint. My 05 was still buggy with some minor annoyances that went unresolved. The 07 and 08 have a bit more grunt. The 06 is probably the better value of the older models.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Quite possibly the best year was the 08/04 in a Radiant Silver. Fastest color with the least amount of problems. Sure, you could go new, but that is o yesterday. Paid off sounds better than, "Here are your keys, 60 more payments and that bad boy is all yours". LOL

·
Premium Member
3,840 Posts
I'm still happy with my 05, but a new 09 would be a nice thing...
Maybe next year.

Clint

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
10/04 in radiant silver is a winner as well! lol. seriously tho, not a single problem ('sides the easy brake fix tsb). oh, and i had a squeaky belt so my (awesome) technician got me a new drive belt tensioner & belt free under warranty.

i love my truck.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
06. Not too much depreciation in your future because you're not buying new, and not really any of the breaking in pains of the first couple of years.

Andrew

1 - 12 of 12 Posts