Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into a way to hook up amps and subs just like everyone else. (I am in no means praising JL audio just posting a new possibility). But after speaking to a local audio company they advised me to research the CleanSweep® CL441-dsp by JL audio. For those of us not advanced enough to follow the sticky posted on how to get a preamp out of the factory head unit this may actually be the next best thing(no saudering involved).

This may not provide the same sound quality as replacing the deck but for those who like the look and styling of the factory or for impatient people who have 08's and no replacement bezels as of yet this may be an option. It provides two amp outputs and an aux out for an Ipod or bluethooth connection.

Has anyone heard of or installed this product.

Hope this helps someone

Thanks
Frank

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey thats kinda cool man i was wandering what i was going to do cause i payed to upgrade to the indash 6 disk changer for the convienance and really didnt want to take it out just to put a good sound system in my truck. Has anyone used this yet?

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
The clean sweeps have been around for awhile. They do I dang good job. Tech12 and Pdizzle have both installed them in peoples cars and I am sure others have too!

That is not the only way to get a RCA signal from the factory deck though. You can install a LOC. You connect it to the speaker leads coming from the deck and it converts the signal to low level(RCA) That is the same thing the clean sweep does. The clean sweep just has alot more capabilities than your average LOC. I am using the factory deck and using a SVEN4 to convert to low level for the amp! The LOC are cheaper but don't have the sound quality of the clean sweep.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Not to bust your balls vipzach, but for a few sheckles less you can get a David Navone NE-774 (4)ch LOC with adjustable pots. I am a little leary of anything that I can get from walmart when it is inline in front of my amps.

The cleansweep is a fine product, although much like all jl products a bit overpriced.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Its all good bhudda! The sven4 is also adjustable! I would not rate it as a crappy walmart part though! I don't think you can even get them at walmart! The place I linked to above has a pretty good price on them, I payed $50 for mine!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not to bust your balls vipzach, but for a few sheckles less you can get a David Navone NE-774 (4)ch LOC with adjustable pots. I am a little leary of anything that I can get from walmart when it is inline in front of my amps.

The cleansweep is a fine product, although much like all jl products a bit overpriced.
You can use the Scoshe brand line level converter from Crutch field and it work great. I did it myself and have great sound qaulity. Plus it's only around $25.00.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have to agree wit bhudda here, vipzach the SOEM-4 by PAC is a piece of crap. I am using it now and it creates both horrible SQ and I have a horrible feedback noise in all of my speakers and after my hours of headaches I found out it was the LOC and it creates the annoying whining noise when it gets within a foot or so of metal. QUITE IRRITATING.

Not trying to be mean, just advice, don't want you to have the same problem I do.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Cool thanks for the advice and one more Question what are yall replacing the dash speakers with just the little dome tweeters
YUP. I have infinity components. Most people are using dome tweeters, not to many aftermarket 2" speakers :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts