Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post my experience yesterday.

I bought my truck w/ 12000 miles so I was unsure what tsb's were done and if the brake fix had been done yet, my brakes felt a little weak, but no real judder. I called my local Nissan dealership ( Ken Garff in Riverdale, Utah) and got a real ***** on the phone, just hassling me about everything I asked....so stay away from them. I then called Ken Garff in Salt Lake City and got a good guy on the phone. This was 10am, and I asked for an oil change for which I had a free coupon. This came w/ the truck as it was originally purchased there. This was a trip of about 50 miles each way but I was not going to give the local a**holes my business.

I asked him if possible could he just look at some issues and if a fix was needed we could reschedule for the other items as it was last minute on a friday. I dropped the truck at 12pm. Told him I needed the oil change,
broken sunvisor and loose trim piece on door(warranty), gave him a printout of the TSB's for my truck to check, and mentioned the brakes were weak. I also asked if he could do the 2* advance. He never heard of that but said he would ask the mechanic.

He checked the service history on my truck and said the brake fix was already done, but it was still under warranty (23,000 miles) and he would look at it.

Skip to 5pm, he called and said it was ready. I expected just an oil change. He said they got ambitious and went after it and completed it all........changed the oil, ordered the 2 trim pieces, did the wiring harness recall, replaced front rotors and pads....AND resurfaced rear rotors and installed new pads.....AND did the 2* advance. Went to the cashier to pay and they didn't charge me for any.....not even the timing!! WOW....I'll be driving the 100 miles round trip for service as long as I have this truck.

****FYI, the timing advance really livened up the bottom end, which went soft after the intake and exhaust!!

Just shows how negative service sent me away and positive service will keep me coming back. It's so simple I just wish dealerships would understand this.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Glad to hear that. I bought my truck when I lived in Louisiana, now a 800 mile round trip, but I still work down there. The dealer is Greg Leblanc Nissan in Houma and there service is top notch. I drive my saturn usually, but when I need to bring it to a dealer I drive my truck there. I have never had better service from a car dealer before in my life. They even asked me last time I was there if there was anything worn because I was coming to the end of my 36k mile warranty. They changed a couple items that day with no problems. It looks like there are still some great people around to deal with.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
moosehunter said:
Just wanted to post my experience yesterday.

I bought my truck w/ 12000 miles so I was unsure what tsb's were done and if the brake fix had been done yet, my brakes felt a little weak, but no real judder. I called my local Nissan dealership ( Ken Garff in Riverdale, Utah) and got a real ***** on the phone, just hassling me about everything I asked....so stay away from them. I then called Ken Garff in Salt Lake City and got a good guy on the phone. This was 10am, and I asked for an oil change for which I had a free coupon. This came w/ the truck as it was originally purchased there. This was a trip of about 50 miles each way but I was not going to give the local a**holes my business.

I asked him if possible could he just look at some issues and if a fix was needed we could reschedule for the other items as it was last minute on a friday. I dropped the truck at 12pm. Told him I needed the oil change,
broken sunvisor and loose trim piece on door(warranty), gave him a printout of the TSB's for my truck to check, and mentioned the brakes were weak. I also asked if he could do the 2* advance. He never heard of that but said he would ask the mechanic.

He checked the service history on my truck and said the brake fix was already done, but it was still under warranty (23,000 miles) and he would look at it.

Skip to 5pm, he called and said it was ready. I expected just an oil change. He said they got ambitious and went after it and completed it all........changed the oil, ordered the 2 trim pieces, did the wiring harness recall, replaced front rotors and pads....AND resurfaced rear rotors and installed new pads.....AND did the 2* advance. Went to the cashier to pay and they didn't charge me for any.....not even the timing!! WOW....I'll be driving the 100 miles round trip for service as long as I have this truck.

****FYI, the timing advance really livened up the bottom end, which went soft after the intake and exhaust!!

Just shows how negative service sent me away and positive service will keep me coming back. It's so simple I just wish dealerships would understand this.
You should forward this post to the Service Mgr and General Mgr of the "good" and also the "bad" dealership along with the names of who went out of their way to make a customer out of you.
This goes a long way,and sounds like somebody deserves an "attaboy" from the boss.
Dealers pay HUGE amounts just to get the phone ringing,sometimes it costs even more to earn your loyalty.Let one know what they lost,the other what they gained.
The dealer is Salt Lake has gotten 24 views of good publicity in less that 2 hours,and probably don't even know it is happening

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike,

That's a good idea......I'm planning on doing just that on Monday......right now I'm off for a fishing trip w/ my buddies.

Moose

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Im surprised they did the brakes again because Nissan has a new TSB directive out stating they will only pay once on the original brake judder TSB.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
The "judder" will be covered for 3yrs-36,000 under warranty like any other model.The "update" kit will only be done once.
If the judder is the FRONT rotors,this is covered 3yr unlimited miles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts