Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Titan enthusiasts:

After reading that crappy thread about how some Hemi ran a 13.7 second 1/4 (who cares?), I thought "Hmmm, there's gotta be something better to read about than this drivel". After a bit more reading, I realized that there is lots of good information scattered 'round TitanTalk, and that it would be neat to organize it in a way that was truly helpful for all members and guests.

I propose that we start a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) forum. This was done on TundraSolutions, and it was invaluable. The Tundra FAQ included things like:

1. Vehicle specifications
2. Maintenence intervals (quick reference)
3. Member-designed fixes to common problems
4. A concise listing of typical "problems" that owners had
5. A listing of TSB's

There are a lot of others, but that's a good start.

I know most of #1 and #2 can be found in your owner's manual, or probably at the Nissan site, but having it here, in a neato summary is useful for quick reference by Titan owners and potential Titan buyers alike. On TundraSolutions, #3 included things like how to change the rear seatback angle, how to install your own console-mounted subwoofer, how to add additional sound insulation, etc., etc. #4 is useful when you go to your dealer and the dealer says "never heard of that before" You present them with a printout from TT and they go "ok, we'll look into it". #5 helps you keep up with recalls, and keeps you informed of things that need fixing.

I also think it would be neat to assemble a list of typical "delivery" problems that owners have, so that future owners could print that list, and check over their soon-to-be new Titan before it leaves the lot. Some examples would be the over-tightened overhead console, bubbling bedliners, tailgate trim that's loose, etc. Wouldn't that be nice to have when you take delivery of your new 30K + truck?

I would be happy to volunteer to be the editor of this forum.
Anyway, let me know what you think!

HS

·
Registered
497 Posts
sounds like a great idea, you might wanna post this under site/rules/updates.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
that's a brilliant idea!!! good points half shovel!!! :cheers: not sure who's in charge of doing those things though? :domohit: Titan smacking ignorant Ford owners... :jester:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
i agree thats a great idea and hope that someone will get this started so we can all benefit. that same information was valuable on a ford site i used to frequent, dont :boxing: me up :jester: , and its really useful and convient. thanks for this great idea

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree. I have noticed that it seems every two days someone starts a new thread on RF or towing.

I would like to see a seperate area for towing / hitch discussions. At this point most hitch and brake controller questions have been addressed but it seems that few visitors bother to search for threads before opening new one.

There are several other subjects that would benefit as well.

Just my .02

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KingTitan said:
I agree. I have noticed that it seems every two days someone starts a new thread on RF or towing.

I would like to see a seperate area for towing / hitch discussions. At this point most hitch and brake controller questions have been addressed but it seems that few visitors bother to search for threads before opening new one.

There are several other subjects that would benefit as well.

Just my .02

Thanks, all, for the positive responses...again, if I'm given the "power", I'd be glad to moderate the FAQ and edit it.

HS

·
Registered
497 Posts
wow he even voulenteers to mod it 2. :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Half Shovel said:
Thanks, all, for the positive responses...again, if I'm given the "power", I'd be glad to moderate the FAQ and edit it.

HS
Hey Half Shovel,

Did you do the one on tundrasolutions? If so, you did some excellent work and would love to see you do this one also. I spent many an hour on TS as I do here now and the FAQs document there was wonderful and very helpful on many occasions. Thank you for stepping up to the plate on this. Hopefully they will let you do this. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dman said:
Hey Half Shovel,

Did you do the one on tundrasolutions? If so, you did some excellent work and would love to see you do this one also. I spent many an hour on TS as I do here now and the FAQs document there was wonderful and very helpful on many occasions. Thank you for stepping up to the plate on this. Hopefully they will let you do this. :cheers:

lol...no....

I wish I could take credit for that excellent work, but I can't. It is from that model that I want to start this FAQ, though.

·
Registered
660 Posts
It was/is a great model. Definitely something to work off of. So were you also Half Shovel on ts.com? I was dmaninaustin but that has been from 2 years ago or so.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dman said:
It was/is a great model. Definitely something to work off of. So were you also Half Shovel on ts.com? I was dmaninaustin but that has been from 2 years ago or so.
Actually, I went by <crazy idea, I know> my name on Tundrasolutions>. I got this crazy nickname a couple of years ago (think of it like calling a bald guy "curly"), and it sort of stuck, so I'm using it. I'm the only Half Shovel I know, and I figure if you can't make a little fun of yourself, then you need to lighten up a bit.

HS

·
Registered
469 Posts
HS
I went under jd1973 on tundrasolutions. I had a 2001 Limited that I really liked other than the brakes. I rolled it so I could buy a TITAN. Yeah right. Only thing good about that day was that no one was hurt. I even have the luck of post #13 when I talk about it.

I'll help moderate if needed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts