Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the rotors in this kit be upgraded to the drilled and slotted style? If yes, what would be the cost? Also, is there still a TitanTalk discount available? There are so many options out there but I think I'd really like this kit.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Theres probably a dozen different brake upgrades out there, what one are you thinking about?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Theres probably a dozen different brake upgrades out there, what one are you thinking about?

Frozen Rotors only has the one front brake upgrade kit that I know of. It upgrades to the larger size rotors and calipers from the 2008+ models. I talked to them on the phone yesterday and feel pretty good about the deal. They told me I could get those slotted/drilled rotors but on their advice, I'll probably go with the slotted only rotors the kit comes with. I was hoping to hear from somebody that's actually installed the kit though. I did put their rotors on an '09 Murano LE a couple years ago. We still have it and we've really liked them. However, this being a kit with rotors, calipers, braided steel lines and pads too, this represents a much larger expense than just those rotors did.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I went with the power stop kit much better than stock. But the rotor size is the same. I like my 17s

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Frozen Rotors only has the one front brake upgrade kit that I know of. It upgrades to the larger size rotors and calipers from the 2008+ models. I talked to them on the phone yesterday and feel pretty good about the deal. They told me I could get those slotted/drilled rotors but on their advice, I'll probably go with the slotted only rotors the kit comes with. I was hoping to hear from somebody that's actually installed the kit though. I did put their rotors on an '09 Murano LE a couple years ago. We still have it and we've really liked them. However, this being a kit with rotors, calipers, braided steel lines and pads too, this represents a much larger expense than just those rotors did.
Over the last 12 years, ive seen a lot of brake upgrades come and go, most popular being to upgrade to the stock 08+ brakes, as they work pretty good, and theyre cheaper than any other kit out there.

Reactions: Kingpin
1 - 6 of 6 Posts