Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just caught a clip about an SRT Ram with a Viper engine with modified sport suspension. Anyone know if this is a limited factory run or just a project truck?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Chilicat said:
Just caught a clip about an SRT Ram with a Viper engine with modified sport suspension. Anyone know if this is a limited factory run or just a project truck?
its the srt-10.

pretty cool for a dodge i guess.....

check out dodge's website

Colin

·
Registered
169 Posts
The SRT-10 is actually the world's fastest production truck right now. Ford is working on a Lightening that will catch or beat it. The thing is, it looks like a truck, but it isn't made to haul 9,500 lbs and you probably wouldn't want it on a dirt road, much less off-road. Awesome vehicle, but not aimed at truck user.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
The SRT-10 much as the Lightning and the Harley Trucks are 'Street performance' trucks. Great for 'ricky racer' but not too great in the 'Truck' perspective. Don't get me wrong, they are nice looking with some cajones..

But for thier price alone and insurance cost.....wow

Chris

·
Registered
622 Posts
yes the srt-10 is faster than the TITAN, but the srt-10 is a $50K truck while you can get a king cab TITAN XE for 23K. the big nissan is faster than the vaulted hemi though, not by as much as toyota, ford, and chevy, but faster. too bad they didn't put out a TITAN regular cab, imagine how fast we could get that thing up to! either way, the TITAN is the king of 1/2 speed.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I saw an SRT-10 on the road about a month ago. It looked and sounded awesome but for 50g's, I am not so sure. It looked like it had a spoiler on the back that was permanently attached making the bed of the truck virtually useless.

For that kinda money, I would have bought a tricked out 350Z or something and still have some money left over.

·
Registered
548 Posts
$46,000

pistonpete said:
I saw an SRT-10 on the road about a month ago. It looked and sounded awesome but for 50g's, I am not so sure. It looked like it had a spoiler on the back that was permanently attached making the bed of the truck virtually useless.

For that kinda money, I would have bought a tricked out 350Z or something and still have some money left over.
did u guys know that the tailgate is welded shut on them? hehe!!!
seriuos, the huge spoiler is mounted right on the edge of the bed and when we tried to open the tailgate the dealer said it WILL NOT even open lmao!
some truck huh?
dodges STINK!!!
Even if it had 1,100 hp it is still a pos!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
or any dodge

Chilicat said:
friends don't let friends buy dodges!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
dcrobt said:
did u guys know that the tailgate is welded shut on them? hehe!!!
seriuos, the huge spoiler is mounted right on the edge of the bed and when we tried to open the tailgate the dealer said it WILL NOT even open lmao!
some truck huh?
dodges STINK!!!
Even if it had 1,100 hp it is still a pos!!!!!!!!!
I wasn't aware of the bed being welded. That is perfect! I am going to buy a truck that I can't haul things in and can only fit 2-3 people comfortable in. I cannot imagine anyone would want this truck when they could just buy a new Titan (or a new Dodge truck if they love Dodge so much) AND get a decent used sportscar that would have no problem keeping pace with the SRT-10.

Some people have too much money to burn, either on this truck or the crack they took thinking that buying this truck would be a good idea.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Obviously this SRT-10 is strictly built for bragging rights alone. It's blantantly obvious that the Big 3 (well maybe Chevy excluded) just want to put out a truck so that they can claim that they have the "fastest production truck." Big whoop. I mean why else would you want to stuff such a huge engine into a vehicle that will just endlessly spin the rear tires (pickup trucks are light in the ***), a practically unusable bed, unimpressive handling, regular cab, etc? It is so the local Bubba down at Dairy Queen can brag to his Chevy and Ford owning friends that "his" truck company, Dodge, builds the fastest 1/2 ton pickup...even though he may only own a lowly V-6 Dakota. Sad but true.

·
Registered
780 Posts
SRT-10, a fancy p.o.s.

a SRT-10 has no 4x4 option. get a Corvette Z06 or get a Titan and save $15,000 to $20,000

·
Registered
622 Posts
speaking of fast trucks, anyone know when they plan on putting out a supercharger for the TITAN? god i cant wait for the day...

·
Registered
662 Posts
TITAN21 said:
speaking of fast trucks, anyone know when they plan on putting out a supercharger for the TITAN? god i cant wait for the day...
Sometime in the next 10-12 years :upsidedow

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wrong on the RAM SRT!!!

Come on guys, just because you don't like Dodge is no reason to get dumb. The tail gate is not welded shut. Geeeez. The spoiler can be moved forward to just behind the cab if you need to haul something. Considering that trucks mostly just haul ***, it ain't no big thing. That's all this one was designed to do and it does it really really well. Can still use the bed and still tow some, but mostly it's just a fast vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
No one is really being 'dumb' as you put it. What is dumb is someone trying to compare a made for SuperStreet $50k truck with a confirmed sportscar engine against a $30-$36k truck that was just built to be that. A truck!

What's also kinda silly and actually flattering to us Titan owners is all the shadetree/cokebottle modded Hemi's out there who insist on coming over here and comparing themselves to a stock Titan.

The Dodge boys have had a few years now to come up with things to make a Hemi quicker with mods. Fine, give the Titan those same years of effort if they want to make a comparison. Till then, let em try and get warranty service on these modded cat vehicles and cokebottle O2 sensors.

Chris

·
Registered
622 Posts
im with you guys on this one, im not paying $50,000 for a truck, especially a dodge at that...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
CaliforniaTitan said:
No one is really being 'dumb' as you put it. What is dumb is someone trying to compare a made for SuperStreet $50k truck with a confirmed sportscar engine against a $30-$36k truck that was just built to be that. A truck!

What's also kinda silly and actually flattering to us Titan owners is all the shadetree/cokebottle modded Hemi's out there who insist on coming over here and comparing themselves to a stock Titan.

The Dodge boys have had a few years now to come up with things to make a Hemi quicker with mods. Fine, give the Titan those same years of effort if they want to make a comparison. Till then, let em try and get warranty service on these modded cat vehicles and cokebottle O2 sensors.

Chris

Well said!

·
Banned
12 Posts
see...the problem is comments like that. I would keep quiet, but you keep making em.
Lets see...we are comparing NISSAN to DODGE. Domestic dodge proven to be a USA truck. Not some crappy import like nissan. I like the cars, but no way can a titan compare to a ram or even a f 150
CIAO

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
TitanCrusher said:
see...the problem is comments like that. I would keep quiet, but you keep making em.
Lets see...we are comparing NISSAN to DODGE. Domestic dodge proven to be a USA truck. Not some crappy import like nissan. I like the cars, but no way can a titan compare to a ram or even a f 150
CIAO
Here we go again. :rolleyes:

Do we really have to get into this again?????

Once you have owned a Titan there is no Substitute!

Deep.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts