Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '05 Titan extended cab and want to explore a little more of the far north in Alaska with my wife. She wants some amenities (like shelter with enclosed bathroom facilities) which means hauling a camper around. So I have several questions. I'm looking to improve the performance and hauling capabilities. Any ideas on some basic improvements I can do in my own garage? I am considering a CAI (we do have a very fine river silt that blows around here, have heard that could be a problem with some filters, also heard some oil treated filters may contaminate the mass air sensor and cost big bucks to fix). I am also looking into a catback system but may need to also beef up the suspension which might keep me from a dual exhaust setup. Anyone out there with a similar situation? Oh and we often experience -40° F in the winter up here . So for a first post....

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
What's an extended cab ... a King Cab, or a Crew Cab, (4 regular doors)?

The '04-'07 don't have enough payload to make a camper practical. Nissan says not even to try on a CC. Only the new LWB long bed '08s have enough payload to make sense for a camper, but even then a trailer would be better.

There are some pop-up campers that will work with even a '05 CC, but it doesn't leave much payload for people and gear. You'd be way better off with a small trailer, and won't even know it's back there.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
NorCal 4x4 said:
What's an extended cab ... a King Cab, or a Crew Cab, (4 regular doors)? QUOTE]

NorCal you must be fairly young :jester: It's a term from the '80s :Warp: - An extended cab is a King Cab (i.e. it's "extended" -- not a full "Crew" cab) LOL

jeez I feel old...

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I have worked in -40 degrees before, with a wind chill of -80 degrees hanging cable in farm country and my advise would be to stay as far away from there as possible, lol. There are some filter socks for use over the CAI's and I intend to get one eventually. The sock is made of a fine mesh or foam material and breathes well but will keep the silt sand out of you filter. As long as the filter is not over oiled when recharged, you shouldn't have a problem with your MAF but some of the manufacturers make a dry flow filter that looks quite good and I intend on getting one of those eventually as well. There are a lot of exhaust out there and my personal choice is the Zoomers because of no highway drone or loss of low end power. Whichever cat back you choose, have it welded on unless it is a flanged system but the Nismo is the only one of those I know of. As far as the suspension, check with PRG, he is the King. If you really want a kick in the pants performance wise, try UpRev, it rocks. Good luck and happy motoring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts