Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i get the timing bump and what kind of octane if i can still use 87 i will do it i dont want to buy super anymore....

·
Registered
602 Posts
alot guys on here run 87 after the timming is done ido and still got quite a bit out of it im sure that the higher octane would be better but 87 is fine. and there r alot guys in texas with that done if i remeber right. but most dealerships will do it. or if someone with the cipher lives close they might. or check to see if tehre r any meets coming up in your area.

·
Registered
602 Posts
hey look under the texas forum it says there is a meet the 29 in huston dont know how far but if u post on there im sure someone will reply and tell u if they r going to be doing timming there

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will i get some pinging with the advance....thats what i was worried about...

·
Registered
602 Posts
no i have not an drun 87 and even if it would the ecu will take care of that by retarding the timming but i have not noticed that at all and a bunch of guys on here run the 87 after the timming advance. if u search there r alot of threads on here on this same issue. i think u will be fine.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
yes you can run 87. i have noticed with mine that i do not get any extra power from the 89 or 91 on a normal basis. However, i DO see an improvment with 89 if it is really hot outside. Truck will not pull timing back as much or if all. Octane on an untuned truck should not be higher than 87-89, but it can make a difference from the brand of gas you get. stay away from cheap places if you want peak performance and MPG. Dont worry all that would happen with 87 and a hot day is that the truck would automatically pull back initial timing, no harm and you wont even know it. Vehicles dont run at peak hp in the heat anyways. No pinging it pulls timing before it gets to that point. some trucks come from the factory with 1* or 2* difference in timming

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
jt04titan said:
where can i get the timing bump and what kind of octane if i can still use 87 i will do it i dont want to buy super anymore....
First off welcome to TT. You can run 87 with the 2* advance all day long. I ran 87 on mine for over a year with no problems. It will not knock and ping. your ECU will still monitor and retard your timing if necessary. There's a few guys in town that can do the timing advance for you. There will be a meet this next Sunday 7-29-07 at Memorial Park. Couple of guys will be there to do it for free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts