Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the manual but it is still not clear as to when the ABLS kicks on. Driving home this morning, the roads were covered with black ice and I never could get the "slip" icon to appear in the instrument cluster. The wheels were slipping but something was working becasue my tail end was not fishtailing to badly. I did not have the truck in 4wd. According to the window sticker I have the ABLS but not VDC.

One more quick question, the rearview mirror has the compass but no matter what I push I cannot get the outside temperature to appear. The manual states to push the button for 1 second to toggle between compass and temp. The only thing I can think of is that it does not work or since I have the outside temp reading in the instument cluster, they deleted that portion of the mirrors function. Thanks and Merry X-Mas.

I lied, one more question since I am on a roll. I have the Type D radio which has the cd/dvd button. If I buy the myron and davis monitor could I play a dvd in the radio head?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I may be able to answer your ABLS question. I believe you did not hear it being used or see the slip light because both wheels were spinning. If one rear wheel had spun by itself, the system would have activated. Others will be able to help you with your other questions.

·
Registered
301 Posts
CD/DVD button- No you won't be able to use it as it is just a CD player. I think DVD player for Titan goes in center console.

Reaview Mirror only has a compass and temp. is in the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
cpd829 said:
I read the manual but it is still not clear as to when the ABLS kicks on. Driving home this morning, the roads were covered with black ice and I never could get the "slip" icon to appear in the instrument cluster. The wheels were slipping but something was working becasue my tail end was not fishtailing to badly. I did not have the truck in 4wd. According to the window sticker I have the ABLS but not VDC.

One more quick question, the rearview mirror has the compass but no matter what I push I cannot get the outside temperature to appear. The manual states to push the button for 1 second to toggle between compass and temp. The only thing I can think of is that it does not work or since I have the outside temp reading in the instument cluster, they deleted that portion of the mirrors function. Thanks and Merry X-Mas.

I lied, one more question since I am on a roll. I have the Type D radio which has the cd/dvd button. If I buy the myron and davis monitor could I play a dvd in the radio head?
The ABLS uses the ABS sensors to detect a slipping wheel, but only if one wheel is slipping faster than the other. So if they're both spinning, your arse end will get a bit squirlly, but the SLIP light will remain off.
As for the outside temp issue, I also have an 08 PRO-4X and the only thing on the mirror is the compass display and Home Link buttons as well as the on/off for the auto dimmer. The outside temp is displayed in the info window in the cluster, not on the mirror....unless there are other mirrors and options I'm not aware of. But that's how mine works.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HudsonValleyTitan said:
The ABLS uses the ABS sensors to detect a slipping wheel, but only if one wheel is slipping faster than the other. So if they're both spinning, your arse end will get a bit squirlly, but the SLIP light will remain off.
As for the outside temp issue, I also have an 08 PRO-4X and the only thing on the mirror is the compass display and Home Link buttons as well as the on/off for the auto dimmer. The outside temp is displayed in the info window in the cluster, not on the mirror....unless there are other mirrors and options I'm not aware of. But that's how mine works.
When I press and hold the "north" button" the compass goes away and then a number appears. As you continue to press the button it cycles 1-15. What is this? Thanks. Man, I can't wait until I reach the 1200 mile break in, so that I can smash on the gas pedal!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
As stated, no temp. on the rear view mirror. It should be in your info. center. The numbers you are seeing on the rearview mirror can be used to reprogram your compass (I believe). I am not sure how to reprogram it and what the numbers actually mean, but at least that is what the manual said it is supposed to do.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BayStateSuks said:
As stated, no temp. on the rear view mirror. It should be in your info. center. The numbers you are seeing on the rearview mirror can be used to reprogram your compass (I believe). I am not sure how to reprogram it and what the numbers actually mean, but at least that is what the manual said it is supposed to do.
Thanks, I must have skipped over that part because I was trying to follow the manual to get the temp display in the mirror like it sya it does, even my window sticker states that the mirror is dual temp and compass? I guess it does not matter. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
BayStateSuks said:
You got it right. The numbers he's seeing are to program the compass for use in different zones or areas. It's all in the manual too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts