Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just put on 4 brand new nitto mud grapplers on my truck I love the look of the tires but there not very practical for a daily driver so im going to sell these tires and I was thinking about a 35x12.5x20 toyo mt im wanting a somewhat quite mud terrain tire because right now the nitto mud grapplers drown out my trucks tru dual exhaust which is driving me insane any suggestions? im also looking at the procomp Xterrain/xtreme m/t

·
Registered
141 Posts
some muds are quieter than others, but theyll still be loud rolling down the road...seems like you may want to consider an all terrain

·
Registered
787 Posts
go with the toyo m/ts. They are a perfect sound, I love em!

·
Registered
558 Posts
some muds are quieter than others, but theyll still be loud rolling down the road...seems like you may want to consider an all terrain
x2 and i have heard that the toyo mt's are just as heavy as the mud grapplers. i would say for a daily driver a all terrain tire is a good idea, lighter and will get better mileage. my cousin on the other hand would say that any all terrain tire is weinnie and street looking so he needs a mud terrain tire to go down a dirt road twice a year.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
If you keep the toyo m/t's rotated, they are very quiet. But if you don't rotate them enough they will start picking up a pretty good hum. Mine need rotated right now.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
My Toyo M/T are kinda of noisy but I had them sipped so that could be part of the problem. They have also gotten louder with age. On the positive side they handle great on road and are tough tires for off road, plus deer can hear me coming.

My BFG AT KOs handled a little better on road though, and were quite, and seemed just as tough off road. Also , they were 15 lbs lighter than my 73 lbs. Toyo M/T's, and just one size down. The Toyo M/T 35x12.5R20 size are more like a 35x13 and weigh 80 lbs.

Their other 35", the LT315/60R20 125/122Q E/10 is 2 lbs. less, and their 34.5" LT275/65R20 126P E/10 is 71 lbs. ... still heavy, but much better than 80 lbs.

I'd look at some Nitto Terra Grappler A/Ts in the LT325/60R20 D 121R (that's an R speed rating). I'd guess they're only around 65 lbs. In this size, the BFG AT KO is 67 lbs. and their KM2 M/T weighs 72 lbs. All of these are a little taller 35.5" and wider than a Mud Grappler, which is close to being a 35x12".

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
i've had the hankook dynapro m/t on mine for the past year or so, probably a little longer than that.....they are perfect as far as i'm concerned....moved up to these from nitto terra grapplers which were only a little bit louder than the stock goodyears....the hankooks are only a little louder than the nittos....

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
I have had my toyo's for 3 years now, and about 20k miles and they still have lots of tread left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts