Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to purchase the Boston Sub/Sundown Amp combo from James. However, I cannot decide if I should go with 10's or 12's. I've heard 10's have a cleaner sound, but I don't want to miss out on 12's either. What do you guys think??

Cheers.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have always been a fan of 10's. And I'm a former pro installer/competitor myself. Just always been easier to get the right air for them, and the power they need is reasonable to get the best of them. I have amazed people with my 10's before and had to show them that there were only two, and that they were only 10's.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
VolcmStar said:
I'm about to purchase the Boston Sub/Sundown Amp combo from James. However, I cannot decide if I should go with 10's or 12's. I've heard 10's have a cleaner sound, but I don't want to miss out on 12's either. What do you guys think??

Cheers.
you will not hear a difference in loudness between the two in the vehicle and the tens are cleaner.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
tech12volt said:
you will not hear a difference in loudness between the two in the vehicle and the tens are cleaner.
but you might feel the difference lol.

Why would 10's be cleaner? Do you meann the install?

I'd go with 10's myself. I was going to upgrade mine but i find myself turning the volume down most of the time, so the system I have is already overkill, unless I'm listening from outside of my truck at the desert by the fire...

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
For most people 10's are fine and they sound good. The problem with the Titan is that it has limited space so fitting 2-12's can sometimes be difficult to have the proper airspace in the enclosures. If you had 1-12" it wouldnt matter but 2 is pushing it unless you do a seat lift.

Ohh yah, and if James says 10's I'd go with that, he knows what will work best in his enclosures.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
but you might feel the difference lol.

Why would 10's be cleaner? Do you meann the install?

I'd go with 10's myself. I was going to upgrade mine but i find myself turning the volume down most of the time, so the system I have is already overkill, unless I'm listening from outside of my truck at the desert by the fire...
Why would tens be clearer , because they would be in the perfect enclosure as far as airspace. And the right amount of airspace is what a subs needs to be accurate. You can take the most accurate 12 in the world , put in an enclosure thats too small and it will not be as accurate as a spl 10 in an enclosure with perfect airspace.

In case you did not notce . The Titan is not exactly spacious enough for 3 cu foot enclosures and that what most 12s require for a pair.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
tech12volt said:
Why would tens be clearer , because they would be in the perfect enclosure as far as airspace. And the right amount of airspace is what a subs needs to be accurate. You can take the most accurate 12 in the world , put in an enclosure thats too small and it will not be as accurate as a spl 10 in an enclosure with perfect airspace.

In case you did not notce . The Titan is not exactly spacious enough for 3 cu foot enclosures and that what most 12s require for a pair.
Hmm that sounds familar....:)

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
R1max said:
All the space in the Titan and they couldn't give us 3 cf of air space for systems :upsidedow
It would be nice if the floor was flat all the way to the back wall.

I wish there was more room behind the rear seats. That way I could store stuff like a small tool box, etc back there. It would also make installs cleaner. Ohh well, you cant have it all I guess.

·
Registered
299 Posts
tech12volt said:

do you think I should get tens?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
My opinion is that if you had these mounted in a truck or something you might notice a difference because you could make the box be the proper size for 12's however since these are going to be sitting about 4' from your ears inside the cab I really dont think you'd notice much difference. The 10's will sound better because the box will be the proper volume for them. If you were only going to have 1 sub then I'd get 1 12" eventhough I went for 1 sub and still picked a 10"

Why do you want a 12" anyway? Have you ever tried a 10"? I'm just curious......

·
Registered
44 Posts
You should definitely go with a 10 " sub. I have a 10" M3 Memphis sub in a slot-port Probox made especially for the Titan CC. This is my forth and best sounding set-up. Just everyone said, the space is not there for the 12's.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
P-Kidd said:
You should definitely go with a 10 " sub. I have a 10" M3 Memphis sub in a slot-port Probox made especially for the Titan CC. This is my forth and best sounding set-up. Just everyone said, the space is not there for the 12's.
I hope you have an extra cartridge for that m3 sub running it in that pro box.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts