Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching for awhile trying to get the rt wheel / tire combo for my long awaited lift. I am trying to get it installed at the end of the week and can't decide. I dont want the wheels to be way out there given a 6" isn't too tall. Its hard to tell how 3"+ looks on a 6" w/o frt pics or seeing it in person. The ones Ive seen on the net look good but hard to tell how much they are out from the fender.

1. 295x65 nitto trails on my 20x8.5 Rockstars +10 offset sticking out 1.15"
2. 295x65 trails on 20x9 fuel octanes 1 offset sticking out 1.75"
3. 325x50 trails on 22x9.5 fuel hostages -18 offset sticking out 3.82" (they make this with a -6 which I think would be ok but takes 2 weeks to drill them.)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Here is an idea:

18x9" -12mm Offset w/ 325/65/18 Terra's

Reactions: rbt

·
Registered
899 Posts
I am trying to figure out the same thing. I am getting new wheels and larger tires when I wear these out. I vote against the 295s. They look great at first, but after you get used to them they look very narrow. I want a wheel that sticks out an additional inch and a half over stock. The guys at work that buy wheels that stick out more than that end up hating it. But we work in the middle of nowhere, usually on a dirt road. If your daily driving is on the streets, I guess the negative offset wouldn't be too bad. The only thing good I can say about my tucked wheels and narrow tires is, my truck stays cleaner than everyone elses.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is an idea:

18x9" -12mm Offset w/ 325/65/18 Terra's

Thanks, it does help. If my math is rt your about 3.10" out more than where i sit rt now which is about flush. Getting a visual is better than guessing how it looks.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am trying to figure out the same thing. I am getting new wheels and larger tires when I wear these out. I vote against the 295s. They look great at first, but after you get used to them they look very narrow. I want a wheel that sticks out an additional inch and a half over stock. The guys at work that buy wheels that stick out more than that end up hating it. But we work in the middle of nowhere, usually on a dirt road. If your daily driving is on the streets, I dont guess the negative offset wouldn't be too bad. The only thing good I can say about my tucked wheels and narrow tires is, my truck stays cleaner than everyone elses.

Thanks Bro, these pics are great. Maybe I should go 35x12.5...they do look narrow from some of the pics and yes I was told by a friend that having them way out will sling about anything up against the truck like tire dressing and rocks. decisions....decisions. I like the stance on this T on youtube....

·
Registered
899 Posts
That stance in the video is perfect! Let me know what you figure out. It looks like its somewhere between mine and 09OBMC.

How much BS can you have with a 20" or 22" wheel and a Pro Comp lift? If a 6" BS would fit, I think I would have a couple more options. Maybe a 9.5" with +18 offset.

·
Registered
899 Posts
This is a bad picture, but I loved the stance of this guys truck. He had a 6" PC + 3" BL, and 37 x 13.5 x 22s. It is exactly what Im going for minus the flares. They didn't look right because the wheels didn't stick out enough to need them.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That stance in the video is perfect! Let me know what you figure out. It looks like its somewhere between mine and 09OBMC.

How much BS can you have with a 20" or 22" wheel and a Pro Comp lift? If a 6" BS would fit, I think I would have a couple more options. Maybe a 9.5" with +18 offset.
I believe its 4.25-5.0 max with 20's. I did the math on 20x9 fuel hostage with +1 / 5.0 BS with 295x65x20 nitto trails and it will stick out from the fender 1.75"

20x9 with -12 offset will be 2.25" out
20x9 with +1 offset on 35" toyos would be 2.61" out

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is a bad picture, but I loved the stance of this guys truck. He had a 6" PC + 3" BL, and 37 x 13.5 x 22s. It is exactly what Im going for minus the flares. They didn't look right because the wheels didn't stick out enough to need them.

That does look good and the 37's give the 22's some cushion. I did your rim to mine and I actually sit out an inch further rt now so the 295x65's would stick out more on mine. heres a calculator to use...

Wheel Offset Calculator

·
Registered
777 Posts
I used to have +18mm with the same tires and it even worked on mine with the CST Spindles. Everybody told me I couldn't fit the 325's with a +18 offset and they cleared by about 3/16"-1/4".

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used to have +18mm with the same tires and it even worked on mine with the CST Spindles. Everybody told me I couldn't fit the 325's with a +18 offset and they cleared by about 3/16"-1/4".
Thanks. Good to know we have more options for each of us.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What did you decide?
I oredered the 295x65x20 Trails grapplers but ordered the fuel octanes in a 20x9 with a -12 offset which will push it out 2.25" more than where I'm at now. So you figure with your stockers at 18x8 I will stick out 1.9685" more than where you're at currently.

Or I could put 35x12.5's on my rockstars and it will stick out 2.41" and tell Discount I dont want the octanes and 295's but I think its time to change since I've had the Rockstars for awhile now. If I put 35's on the octanes with that offset I would be out 3.51236" and that might be a little much, I dont know.

·
Registered
899 Posts
So....What would be the difference between my current setup vs. your rockstars and 35x12.5x20s? And do you feel like doing some gambling in Shreveport? I might be able to get you some poker money.

·
Registered
478 Posts
The white truck with the flares shld be 9.5 wide with +12 I think which shld only be around an inch farther than stock. I've been having this dilemma for the last few months. Lol. I had a truck with -25 offset before and it got irritating after a while. If ur a guy like me that wants a clean truck, tuck em as far as u can stand. Lol. I think I'm gonna run the same setup as that white Titan without the flares. I'll post some pics when I get to work.

All member trucks so if correct me if im wrong with these. lol

1st truck: 22x9.5 with 0 offset
2nd truck: 22x11 with -44 offset
3rd truck: 20x10 with -25 offset
4th truck: 20x10 with -25 offset

Attachments

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So....What would be the difference between my current setup vs. your rockstars and 35x12.5x20s? And do you feel like doing some gambling in Shreveport? I might be able to get you some poker money.
The difference in your current set up vs my rockstars w/ 35's would be 2.52"

You mean traveling down there?

·
Registered
478 Posts
added some pics to my first post. hope that helps

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The white truck with the flares shld be 9.5 wide with +12 I think which shld only be around an inch farther than stock. I've been having this dilemma for the last few months. Lol. I had a truck with -25 offset before and it got irritating after a while. If ur a guy like me that wants a clean truck, tuck em as far as u can stand. Lol. I think I'm gonna run the same setup as that white Titan without the flares. I'll post some pics when I get to work.

All member trucks so if correct me if im wrong with these. lol

1st truck: 22x9.5 with 0 offset
2nd truck: 22x11 with -44 offset
3rd truck: 20x10 with -25 offset
4th truck: 20x10 with -25 offset
llittle difference in 3 and 4 i guess b/c of those mudders. I like 1 & 3.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts