Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 06 LE with 16000 miles. Sometimes when I start up my truck, these lights come on for a few mins. i checked the brake fluid level and it seems fine. anybody know why i'm having this problem?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, but by the time i bring it to the dealer, the light shuts off already.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
fherjohn said:
yeah, but by the time i bring it to the dealer, the light shuts off already.
Try to reset your ECU with an OBDII scanner......autozone will do it for free.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Still bring it in. Every morning I would get two light ABS and Tire psi in the afternoon both would be gone. If I shut the truck off and started again it would come back. So when I brought it in it was off but the still found out which sensor it was and fixed it.

maxima619 said:
Try to reset your ECU with an OBDII scanner......autozone will do it for free.
I could not read mine with my scanner. they told me and I read the TS guide that says to use the Consult or whatever it is called. I guess it will read any tripped light where the OBDII seems to just read the CEL.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Demondw3 said:
Still bring it in. Every morning I would get two light ABS and Tire psi in the afternoon both would be gone. If I shut the truck off and started again it would come back. So when I brought it in it was off but the still found out which sensor it was and fixed it.

I could not read mine with my scanner. they told me and I read the TS guide that says to use the Consult or whatever it is called. I guess it will read any tripped light where the OBDII seems to just read the CEL.

The next time it happens, would it help if you took a digital photo or photo of the lights coming on your dash so that when you bring it in to the dealer you have proof just in case the lights turn off at the dealership?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
aldaman said:
The next time it happens, would it help if you took a digital photo or photo of the lights coming on your dash so that when you bring it in to the dealer you have proof just in case the lights turn off at the dealership?
It does not matter wether it is on or off. It still register a fault in the memory so once you hook a consult up to it you will see that a sensor was tripped.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
fherjohn said:
I got an 06 LE with 16000 miles. Sometimes when I start up my truck, these lights come on for a few mins. i checked the brake fluid level and it seems fine. anybody know why i'm having this problem?
A bad brake booster was my issue. Mine started like yours, on every now and then and one day they stayed on. The bad part is the ABLS/VDC is disabled when the lights are on.

My experience

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I just noticed that my Slip light and Brake light came on this morning on my way to work. The Slip light stayed on the whole way and the parking brake light only came on intermitently. I have to bring my truck in for service soon anyway so I will bring it to the dealer. Gonna try to get it in today if I can.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Demondw3 said:
It does not matter wether it is on or off. It still register a fault in the memory so once you hook a consult up to it you will see that a sensor was tripped.

thats the thing, they hooked it up and said everything was normal. but i brought it in for a diffrent problem.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Mine was the pressure switches on the master cylinder. They told me it was a very common problem. The switches where on back orders when mine messed up, it took them about a week to come in.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I had the same problem last week also my abs was over reacting to bumps and braking. I had the sensor changed out under warranty.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
everytime i'm about to take the truck in, the light cuts back off. im really starting to get annoyed with my truck and i just bought it. i cant stand nissan service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem as we speak. Along with my Diff Lock light is also coming on and off. 2 days with the dealer and multiple test drives they couldn't reproduce until the final test drive. Unfortunately it was late in the evening and supposedly "Nissan" tech support line they call was closed. So it's going back in to continue to work on it.

Funny that when I pulled it in for service the ABS and SLIP lights were on and I made the technician look inside my car only after asking him 3, yes THREE times to do so. He just didn't want to. I am all over this because I am at 56k mileso on an '04 LE 4x4 and close to end of warranty.

I have to say I have had a number of cars from Ford, Toyota, Acura, Chevy and nothing even compares to how POOR of service I feel I get with Nissan.

Funny thing is I LOVE this truck. Everything about it but my nervousness now as miles are racking up my confidence in the rig and its reliability going forward with Nissan standing behind it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
cneary812 said:
I just noticed that my Slip light and Brake light came on this morning on my way to work. The Slip light stayed on the whole way and the parking brake light only came on intermitently. I have to bring my truck in for service soon anyway so I will bring it to the dealer. Gonna try to get it in today if I can.

I have the exact same problem. If you stop and turn the truck off and back on again the light goes out. I recall reading that it could be a sensor or a brake pad getting low. Check your brake fluid it could also be low. When people were having issues with the rears going I recall hearing about the light going on but can't remember the specifics any way if you have warranty take it in.

I'm actually trading the truck in on a new diesel as I need the added towing and seating. When I purchased the truck I wanted seating for 6 and you could only get it in the XE which I didn't want. Now I need the extra seating and towing ability that a diesel gives you. The titan is not the truck for heavy towing if your paying for your own fuel. I want to start taking my boat to OBX again as offshore charter prices are going up again and I can fish for 3 days for a little over half of what one day of charters costs and I don't have to tip anyone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts