Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2004 SE Kingcab and have had ABS brake problems starting about 1 1/2 years ago. When it first happened, the brake light came on and my brake pedal had no tension on it and made a metal springy sound when i pushed down on it to the floor. Took it to the dealer to have them find nothing. Fast forward to one month ago, same thing happened again-essentially no brakes! Found that if I creep over to the side of the road and turn off the truck, voila! the brake light goes off and my brakes are back to normal. Now it happened again last week and then again this afternoon (yes, 7 hours after visiting the dealer!). My check engine light lit up on Monday so I took it to my service station to pull the codes (not the dealership) as I figured it was something new. They said the code was for the ABS/TCS module based on my brake problem description. Unfortunately, they sent me to the dealership to have this fixed. When the dealer this morning tried to access the memory it had been cleared by the last guy. So they tell me to keep driving it until the check engine light comes on again. Problem is I don't trust this truck anymore for braking and I've had to stop towing my trailer for my business and I can't do that much longer. So do I keep driving, have the brakes fail and get in an accident while I wait for the damn check engine light to come on??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday. I took it into the dealer today and they said that they could not duplicate the problem. After researching this site, I determined that it was not that uncommon and there is a service bulletin (recall) for this issue. The dealer told me the computer needed to be reprogrammed and that requires a special card for their consult computer, which they do not have. The excuse was that they ordered the card a year ago and never recieved it from Nissan. I was told to go to a dealer that has the card. I advised them that if they let me leave without performing the required recall, they would be liable for any damage or injury. I also had two leaky wheel seals which they tried to get out of replacing. Getting a little frustrated with their customer service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, Looks like this post is pretty old, but I'm having this same problem on my 2006 Titan LE.

What ended up fixing this issue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts