Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 04 4x4 with about 230K on it. About a week ago, my ABS/Slip light came on, now on every time I drive it. I checked sensors with OBDII and the are all reading wheel speed. I think I've narrowed it down to the module. Can someone tell me the work involved in doing this? Does this require a complete brake fluid change? Ebay has used ones for under 100.00. Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
If you don't know the code the system is throwing, you're just guessing and tossing parts at it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
C1187, Diflock cont is code. When viewing datastream, it shows ACTUATOR RLY (ON). Is this more to do with a differential issue? I've read posts regarding these issues and it seems some systems are tied into each other so one bad thing will throw a code for other systems that are ok.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Just based on the code, I'd start with looking at what causes that code in a Titan and trying to address that. It's like a recipe. Follow it.

A quick search says this is likely not the module. Look at the free/easy stuff first, like is your diff lock wiring disconnected or corroded? Google the terms "nissan titan c1187 code" and you will get more advice. But this is highly unlikely to be the module.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts