Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2009 Titan LE, Got an ABS trouble light, read the codes, C1102 and C1106, Left rear ABS sensor, picked up a new sensor and found a broken wire on the harness side of the connector.
Am I looking at replacing a section of harness, or is a connector available that I can splice in, or do I just eliminate the connectors and solder the wires?

·
Registered
870 Posts
It depends on what the length of the harness is. Ideally, if there's enough room to connect the broken ABS line, the correct sequence would be: disconnect battery- place heat shrink wrap on wire- strip wire and solder- move heat shrink into position and seal line- reconnect battery.

But if there's not enough line available, the OP may have to replace the broken section or even replace the harness itself.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Is the connector bad or just the wire coming in. Try and find a new connector if it is bad from a wrecking yard and splice the new connector on using solder and shrink tubing. You could also get enough length out of the wrecked vehicle to fix the damaged wire if you need to. Or just solder in a new a piece of wire. You might get lucky and be able to just replace that wheel harness section as it may plug in again somewhere and just be a partial harness. I cant remember if it does.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the advice.

I was able to find a connector at a salvage yard, they had no Titan's but did have an Armarda, different color wires but the connector was exactly the same.
Spliced it in with solder and heat shrink with a few dabs of liquid electrical tape to seal it all up.
Installed the new sensor, cleared the code, working as it should.

·
Registered
870 Posts
It looked like it corroded from under the covering, when I went to strip it back I had to go further back to get to solid wire.
Curious that the wire would corrode UNDER the covering. Any sign the covering was compromised (broken, stripped back, etc.) in some way? I plan to check mine when the rain and snow stops here in Denver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
dkmura
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing