Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

i have read a lot of the forums about the slip, abs light being on and the 4x4 not working. The conclusion that a lot of people came too is that one of the abs speed sensors is bad.

I have visually checked all of the sensors and they look good.

My question is their a way to check the speed sensors to see if they are bad.

I live about an hour from a nissan stealership and i want to see if their is a way to check them at home.

I did some research and it said to check the ohms on the speed sensor plug. has anyone tried this before and do you know what it should read.

thanks in advance

i have a 2006 titan 4x4 crew cab 5.6

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: abs slip no 4x4 abs speed sensor advice ***UPDATE***

update...took the truck to the local mechanic who has a computer that reads everything, and he told me it was an open circuit at the rear right abs sensor.

I replaced that sensor about 2 months ago and didnt fix the problem.

My question is the wires on the old sensor looked like they got very hot and melted the rubber coatings on the wires. That is why i replaced them.

Could it be from where the speed sensor hooks in to the big wire cluster that runs along the frame. Their is damage just ahead of the connection that looks like the same thing where the wires got hot and melting the plastic surrounding them, no exposed wires though.

Can i turn the ignition on and where the speed sensor hooks into the connection and tell if i am getting current to it.

I just need a place to start.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

i have read a lot of the forums about the slip, abs light being on and the 4x4 not working. The conclusion that a lot of people came too is that one of the abs speed sensors is bad.

I have visually checked all of the sensors and they look good.

My question is their a way to check the speed sensors to see if they are bad.

I live about an hour from a nissan stealership and i want to see if their is a way to check them at home.

I did some research and it said to check the ohms on the speed sensor plug. has anyone tried this before and do you know what it should read.

thanks in advance

i have a 2006 titan 4x4 crew cab 5.6
I saw a youtube on how to check speed sensors. Jack the car up. disconnect speed sensor wire at connector near the wheel (accessible via wheel well). connect a voltmeter across the two wires from the speed sensor. Spin the wheel as fast as you can by hand. You should see voltage spikes of a volt or two. If no voltage at all then there is a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts