Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive installed a new abs sensor on the passenger front of my truck but the abs slip vdc light is still on and wont shut off. i know it is this sensor that is bad. the grey connector cracked and wouldnt clip in anymore so i got a new setup but even after installing the new sensor it wont shut off. could it be because i drove like this for a couple months before i fixed it? how do i reset the abs light....just to see if possibly it hasnt yet. i have done the cel/ses reset a couple times with no prevail...ne help would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump....nebody know if or how to reset the light?

·
Registered
5 Posts
RoyJ,
There is a 10-12 PSI pressure on your ABS system that will set off all 3 of those lights. I had the same problem on my 2010 CC after installing my PC lift. You can reset the PSI and sensors manually by re-pressurising the system. If you look about 6 inches above your standar bleeder valve on your caliper, there will be a nipple that looks like a grease fitting ( rubber covered ). Buy a cheap pressure gun from your local auto store (35$) and place it over that fitting. Once you pump it up and start getting fluid in the resevooir the lights will go out. IM me if have questions. Do you still have a steady normal breke pressure?:bump:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya everything is normal in the brake dept. the connector got busted so the hub end wouldnt connect into the truck end. then the prongs busted off into the truck end. my buddy works at nissan so he hooked me up with a hub end connector (informed me that all nissan connectors are the same) only prob was the prong stuck in the truck end. so we had to cut that connector and resplice in another. well it still wont work. maybe i can give ur idea a try...i have to get my truck inspected this month so im runnin out of time

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does nebody have any other possible solutions? tried the 10-12 psi thing didnt work...im at a standstill. disconnecting the battery and the ecu reset didnt work either

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
You need the Consult to clear the light. You still may have a fault though, double check the wiring. Check with your local Nissan dealer, maybe they will clear the code for free and not charge you the diag fee.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I finally had this slip light problem fixed. I searched, searched and searched for answers to why my Slip Light was coming on randomly. I tried filling the brake fluid, changing to newer pads, changing the brake fluid myself. For a time it the stupid Slip Light would go away, sometimes for months in hot weather and cold; didn't make a difference the light would come back on. So I finally decided to go to the DEALERSHIP! I didn't want to go to the dealer after reading post after post of failed repairs such as ABS Sensors being replaced either front or rear, the ABS Actuator being replaced and the Slip Light would still come back on. So I understand how frustrated all my other fellow Titan owner have about this topic! This problem pissed me off so much I wanted to share at my expense what the dealership did to fix the problem. Really what cost me the most was the time they spent diagnosing the problem. By having an idea of what to tell your dealer or maybe you can do it yourself it can save you time and money. The service adviser had to call Nissan HQ to help diagnosis the problem after their first (Consult II scan with CONSULT-II CONVERTER) "that is the ONLY WAY to scan your ABS" along with software Nissan Data Scan II, and they came up with a shorted Sensor ASM or hydraulic sensor, part# 47240-7S000 ($158.00) AND a failed Brake Switch or Switch ASM Part# 25320-4M400 ($52.88). The Brake Switch was sticking and shorted out the pressure sensors. The Labor cost me $507.17 Parts 210.88 Look for these parts at Courtesyparts.com. I hope this post saves anyone with this common problem some money!!! I pray my stupid slip light does not come back!!! I really appreciate TitanTalk as I come here from time to time to help understand my truck and see what others are doing. This is my very first post on here so I hope it makes a difference. Here a photo my my bill....

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the heads up and trial and error foot work on your part its greatly appreciated. i ended up fixing mine with another sensor my buddy at nissan had lying around. he also informed me that all the sensors are exactly the same so no matter what nissan u get they are all compatible...not sure if thats true or not but i believe the sensor he gave me that fit the front of my titan was off of a sentra....just food for thought

·
Registered
327 Posts
thanks for all the heads up and trial and error foot work on your part its greatly appreciated. i ended up fixing mine with another sensor my buddy at nissan had lying around. he also informed me that all the sensors are exactly the same so no matter what nissan u get they are all compatible...not sure if thats true or not but i believe the sensor he gave me that fit the front of my titan was off of a sentra....just food for thought
So you didn't need to reset any codes once the second new sensor was installed?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mine literally went off instantly when i turned the key after installation of the third sensor...must have been something wrong with the second one as well as they were all freebies from my buddy at nissan...so i didnt really complain too much...but if you read the manual it says that there is a systems check immediately when you start your truck so if anything is faulting it will trip the computer. if its all good your all set.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Mine reset as soon as I pulled out of my driveway when I replaced mine

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do you also have the pic of the page to replace the Sensor ASM or hydraulic sensor, part# 47240-7S000 ..??? Thanks for any help u can offer!
Here's what I could find in my Chiltons book. I'd remove the neg battery, then have towels ready or something to capture any leaking brake fluid. Use a syringe to suck out the brake fluid from the reservoir, and loosen the retaining nuts carefully one by one. I'd actually do one sensor at a time, refill the reservoir and test it to see if everything is working normal. That way you could eliminate any possible errors that might happen. It may take longer but it could save you some hassle later. Here's a link of the Chilton page. I hope this helps some.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fx2h459ljnrancx/Photo Nov 26, 11 45 27 PM.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this post is kinda old, but I just wanted to add to it my experience to this problem. I obviously checked my fluid level and I topped it off, I first swapped out the brake light switch sensor as described ($20 on ebay), but the lights still were on, then I put in new sensor ASM (part #47240-7S000-$116 for both on ebay) which was quite easy (maybe 15 minutes) and then drove around the neighborhood at low speeds, however, the lights stayed on. I was quite disappointed, but next day, I turned the truck on and surprisingly all the lights were out! So, thanks to "dragonballzgtvegeta" his fix worked great!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts