Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Help. I installed a faulty wheel bearing and immediately after the install my abs and slip lights came on. No lights on prior to. I installed the original sensor. No change. So I decided to swap the still new bearing and hub assembly with another new unit. No change. I'm stumped.

This was on the RF. had autozone read the code and it said RF Wheel Speed Sensor.

Is there a way to check the wires? I saw another thread about the E 125 connector near the master cylinder but I don't know which pins are 33 & 34.

Three different wheel speed sensors with same result. All I did was swap a wheel bearing so I have trouble believing it's the other sensors and switches mentioned in this thread.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Found a diagram for the E125 connector and pins. I suck with electrical but both wires should show continuity right?

It appears that one of them must be broken. If that is indeed the case, now what?!?!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wish to thank each and every person who took the time to help out with these people problems ( and mine) with their Titan trucks. I read every response and then tackled the exact same problem with my 2006. With all the different possibilities I almost gave up but stubbornness did pay off. Here is my story.
Got stuck on some ice and went for the 4 hi but no wouldn't engage--after several tries I remembered computer troubles from the old days--shut it off and let it reset--well ---it worked and got me out of my jam BUT after putting back into 2 WD would not work again. I drove it for a couple of weeks and then the ABS and slip lights were coming on and off and I had no ABS.--- Again , drove it anyways and left it in 4WD even though it would not engage. Well, off and on it would kick in and out again. Very hard to find an intermittent trouble. Then finally the ABS and SLIP lights were on ALL the time.
Anyways , then tried the internet and stumbled onto many people having the same troubles. I got back to basics and traced all the wires, and found one on the front left wheel right at the plastic connector that unless I had moved it and saw the break would not have caught it cause it was broken BUT still in the position it should be so hard to see the break.While I had it separated I did an ohm test on the wires, both across and in series and could not get a reading--don't know why as I read where different guys were testing this way. I eliminated the plastic clip and soldered the wires back together and fired it up and the lights stayed on BUT my 4WD kicked in right away and then when I drove ahead about 30 feet the lights went off. ALL GOOD, I'm so damn happy.
Again thanks to everyone who posts their possible repairs and I just wanted to ad mine just in case it saved someone some time and money as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wish to thank each and every person who took the time to help out with these people problems ( and mine) with their Titan trucks. I read every response and then tackled the exact same problem with my 2006. With all the different possibilities I almost gave up but stubbornness did pay off. Here is my story.
Got stuck on some ice and went for the 4 hi but no wouldn't engage--after several tries I remembered computer troubles from the old days--shut it off and let it reset--well ---it worked and got me out of my jam BUT after putting back into 2 WD would not work again. I drove it for a couple of weeks and then the ABS and slip lights were coming on and off and I had no ABS.--- Again , drove it anyways and left it in 4WD even though it would not engage. Well, off and on it would kick in and out again. Very hard to find an intermittent trouble. Then finally the ABS and SLIP lights were on ALL the time.
Anyways , then tried the internet and stumbled onto many people having the same troubles. I got back to basics and traced all the wires, and found one on the front left wheel right at the plastic connector that unless I had moved it and saw the break would not have caught it cause it was broken BUT still in the position it should be so hard to see the break.While I had it separated I did an ohm test on the wires, both across and in series and could not get a reading--don't know why as I read where different guys were testing this way. I eliminated the plastic clip and soldered the wires back together and fired it up and the lights stayed on BUT my 4WD kicked in right away and then when I drove ahead about 30 feet the lights went off. ALL GOOD, I'm so damn happy.
Again thanks to everyone who posts their possible repairs and I just wanted to ad mine just in case it saved someone some time and money as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks so much for this forum. I have had the slip light coming on and off for years. Finally, the ABS light came on as well. I took it to Nissan to have the code scanned (free), and he told me that a pressure sensor was bad and that the engine wiring harness was bad related to the passenger wheel speed sensor. They quoted me $497 to fix those items.

I then found this page and decided to trace the wheel speed sensor wire to the engine harness so that I could fix it. Turns out, it was clearly broken at the connection between the wheel sensor and the engine harness (above the wheel). I unclipped it, soldered the wire back together, heat shrunk, taped, and plugged it back in. I then started the truck and backed up maybe ten feet. Both the ABS and Slip lights went out. they are still off today.

As for the reason. It appears as though a squirrel chewed through it. This is the second time that squirrels have destroyed something on this truck (last time it was the fuel tank vent pipe.)

Anyway... Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
ive installed a new abs sensor on the passenger front of my truck but the abs slip vdc light is still on and wont shut off. i know it is this sensor that is bad. the grey connector cracked and wouldnt clip in anymore so i got a new setup but even after installing the new sensor it wont shut off. could it be because i drove like this for a couple months before i fixed it? how do i reset the abs light....just to see if possibly it hasnt yet. i have done the cel/ses reset a couple times with no prevail...ne help would be greatly appreciated thanks

21 - 27 of 27 Posts