Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I notice my rear diff light come on in my 2014 Titan Pro-4x (crew cab). Ok, thought that was odd. Button wasn't on. Then the traction control light came on. Then the traction control OFF light came on. Rear diff went off only to be replaced by the ABS light.

I get home and forget about it. Next day, no lights. Next day the same thing happens again. Lights stayed on until truck was off for like an hour or so. As soon as I would get any speed, like say 55 mph, this process would start again.

I am still covered under the 3/36,000 warranty so I bring it to the dealer. They said they had some codes from the computer that were "past". Here is what it says on receipt:

Code P1814 Stored in Sysstem
Perform Computer Diagnosis with consult, found code p1814 4wd
detection switch. Remove and reinstall switch, monitor switch
clear code. Test drove. Check operation. No further problem found at thsi (sic) time.
ZE 32 Actual time claimed for diagnosis. Goodwill repair. Casual 32006-7511a.

I drove 30 minutes back home and the lights stayed off. I find it odd that really, they didn't do anything but remove and put back a switch. Should I be concerned? What else could this be?

·
Registered
358 Posts
If light will come back, just bring it back to the stealership

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi I just had this happen to me 50k on truck ran thru delta sonic drove about half hr at 70..got off highway.stopped a store when I stopped same scenario.
Trac light
Diff lock
Slip
Then diff lock went off..
Abs
Thought it strange shut truck off and restarted 2 sec did same again
Drove home another half hr with
Abs slip Trac all on..
Backed in garage to eyeball..found diff breather to be stuck loosened and sprayed sum maxfilm on it which it did vent sum could get slightest wiff of gear oil.
Any ideas I checked wires ABS.sensor maybe?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts