Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol...not kidding. I'd normally think it was the Blower or VBC, but this one is new to me so I figured I'd ask the experts here...

AC and Heat don't work. BUT if I put it on HIGH only and then touch the door lock actuator, the Blower goes for about 5 seconds blowing hot or cold, whichever is selected. After 5 seconds it stops. It'll allow me to keep doing this but not trying to lock the door every 5 seconds I want AC in AZ!!
Also, the overdrive and manual shift option do not work.

I just got the truck and the previous owner was not very knowledgable but said it may be a problem with the alarm or stereo wiring.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I PMed for advice. Awaiting response.... I wonder if it could be the VCM that just kicks on when power is drawn away from it with the door lock..?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I dunno much about it. I skimmed the manual at one point and IIRC, a lot of the electrical accessories on the truck function by a signal gets sent to the BCM by user actuating a switch, then the BCM responds by grounding the coil of a relay, which closes the relay contacts, which powers the accessory. So if the alarm wiring is jacked up, maybe a temporary signal from the door lock is going to the BCM pin that controls the blower. But probably somebody that installs remote starts and alarms would immediately know what is going wrong. You might ask here:

Car Security and Convenience Forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts