Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So towards the end of last winter I noticed that my AC apparently had quit working when I tried to de-fog the windows. I didn't mess with it but when summer rolled around and I tried the AC it worked fine. Well now it's cold again and I tried to de-fog the windows last night but the system wouldn't turn on again. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Does the 134a expand when it's hot outside thus making the system think it has the minimum refrigerant level and contract when cold? I'm just wondering if I may need to add some 134. I have a 05' titan....thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in ky and it was probably right around 32 last night. That doesn't make sense because I thought the system would always run in order to dry the air for the defrost. When you turn the dial to defrost it automatically turns the AC on. When it's working properly the window will de-fog in about 30 seconds but last night it took almost 5 minutes before it cleared it.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I'm in ky and it was probably right around 32 last night. That doesn't make sense because I thought the system would always run in order to dry the air for the defrost. When you turn the dial to defrost it automatically turns the AC on. When it's working properly the window will de-fog in about 30 seconds but last night it took almost 5 minutes before it cleared it.
It does turn the AC on during defrost. BUT only about a certain ambient temperature. I believe the owners manual mentions it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts