780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
see http://www.nissanoffroad.net/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9148
by
wny-titan

USA
2 Posts
Posted - 02/26/2004 : 2:19:43 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After purchasing the '04 Titan SE CC 4x4 with the Big Tow Package I noticed that the truck will sit and spin one rear tire on ice or in snow. My understanding based on the Nissan website is that it should control wheel slip. I'm wondering if it is only active when in 4x4 mode. I have tried to accelerate slowly to allow the system to work. Haven't had a chance to test the wheel spin in 4x4 mode yet. This has left me spinning three different times now on a flat pavement in a parking lot. It doesn't make any difference if the tranny is in reverse or forward. The truck manual doesn't provide any info regarding this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'04 Titan SE cc 4x4 off-road

·
Registered
196 Posts
pluckyew said:
see http://www.nissanoffroad.net/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9148
by
wny-titan

USA
2 Posts
Posted - 02/26/2004 : 2:19:43 PM

After purchasing the '04 Titan SE CC 4x4 with the Big Tow Package I noticed that the truck will sit and spin one rear tire on ice or in snow. My understanding based on the Nissan website is that it should control wheel slip. I'm wondering if it is only active when in 4x4 mode. I have tried to accelerate slowly to allow the system to work. Haven't had a chance to test the wheel spin in 4x4 mode yet. This has left me spinning three different times now on a flat pavement in a parking lot. It doesn't make any difference if the tranny is in reverse or forward. The truck manual doesn't provide any info regarding this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

'04 Titan SE cc 4x4 off-road
I would call your dealer and have it checked because in my titan the limited slip works in 2 or 4 wheel drive. I have had it come on when driving in 2 wheel drive on icy roads. I believe that is how it should work. :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
in 4wd mode does the brake lsd work for the front too? if it does then all i have to do is disable the VDC so i dont die down on a mud hill, and all 4 wheels should have power going to them, unless its just for the rear. :hat:
ive hit some minor trails and never had to use 4wd mode yet because the brake lsd worked pretty dang good, matter of fact it work freakin awsome , especially going up slightly muddy/grassy hills. main thing is to disable your VDC so you dont loose momentum on a hill. p 5-29 in the manual has a nice description of VDC and the brake lsd but doesnt mention or i didnt see it, if it works in the front also. this brake lsd system saved me mucho $$$ in not having to upgrade and works great. oh yea, i followed my friends new 4x4 dakota and he had to hit 4wd up a few times while i just zipped up the hill.he said he was impressed that i didnt sink. TITAN all the way! :rockon:

·
Registered
497 Posts
this board rocks, i found out we have it in the front too. the only truck to offer it !!! damn this titan is the shiznit!!! :) i also read that sumone wanted to know if thier brake lsd turns off when you turn VDC off, it doesnt. it really works good on the trail with VDC off and your brake lsd evening power to the wheels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
does vdc need to be disabled for ABLS to work?

Note sure from the threads I've seen if VDC needs to be turned off for ABLS to work. If anyone knows for sure please post a reply. Is there any way to set VDC to off until needed? There are many times that I'd like to leave it disabled.... but everytime I shut off and restart the truck it's back on again.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
ABLS works all the time just like your ABS. p 5-29 in the manual. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts