Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming one could get over the joys of WOT in a tank or two.... What actual MPG increase could you count on from that point forward? 1? 1.5? 2? I know it will be impossible for you to give an exact number for all the given variables, but you have to have a real world number in mind soemwhere.

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
57,559 Posts
Which one. Bully Dog, Hypertech, Superchips, or Up rev?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bullydog...not seeing the others make the cut for those of us in 08's.... Yet

·
Registered
761 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On my '08 I went from an average of 9.6 to 10.7. At 60mph I gained 1.6 but at 85mph I only gained .7

Apex, Thanks for the info. FWIW, your mileage sux. LOL.... I drive mainly hwy here in Houston area, and get a consistent 13.4 to 15.6. Depends on my foot of course. I try to use the cruise to keep stupid from coming out, but you know how good that does with these trucks.

Would it be safe to say I could see an average of 1mpg gain just by running the 87 tune? Like I said, I have little to no mods, and don't plan for any other than maybe the Fram Airhog filter beyond the muffler swap I have already done.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My mileage sucks due to a few things. I have straight piped the exhaust from the last o2 sensor back. I have 35's, aftermarket/custom rear end, added close to 100lbs in tubing for the bumpers & bed cage. But even before all the mods best I ever got was 11.4 stock. I should mention it is a 4WD too. ;)

Depending how you drive, but yea 1mpg should be easy.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Fly boy...
I'm not a cat person, but enjoy looking at that picture whenever I see it. Thanks for posting. My Dog thanks you too! She loves it, corn on the cob that is. Wants to eat the whole damn thing though!

Apex killer, wow thats low, 11.4mpg when stock. Was getting 15-15.5mpg.

Just got the BD and S & B on the way, so in about 2 weeks I'll be able to report back new MPG. Gots to have some fun first.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Heh, the first time I saw the pic I literally LOLed. I like both cats(almost got a bobcat) and dogs(prefer the big kind), but I really enjoy the cat pictures all over the internet.

I am still getting around 13.5 city and I thought it is pretty good.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Well my CC LE is stock w/ about 2300 miles on the ODO. My last fill up was at 15.98 MPG. I drive 10 miles to work w/ about 2 of those miles on the interestate and tons of traffic lights in between. I buy my gas at Costco which is 100% gas and no ethonol at all...yet. Any other driving I do is mainly around town so there aren't any opportunities to get really good mileage.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
I get 1 week per zero gallons !!!!!!

Truck has been parked......lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
i'm getting around 12.5 to 13 mpg without computer reset. after the computer reset 13.8 - 14.6 mpg consistantly. 2005 CC LE BT 4X4 285-60-18 TG's

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
i'm getting around 12.5 to 13 mpg without computer reset. after the computer reset 13.8 - 14.6 mpg consistantly. 2005 CC LE BT 4X4 285-60-18 TG's
Thats interesting, might be something to consider if one was aggressive at first, then settled down and isn't getting good mpg. If truck is stuck on bad habits and isn't relearning, a reset may just bring back your gas mileage.

Looking at your worst and best, its about 2 more mpg, with a 29 gallon tank, thats 58 more miles to a tankful. 58 miles, thats a savings of 4 gallons per tankful when getting 14.5 mpg. 4 gallons @ $3.60 per gallon is $14.40, not bad for just reseting the computer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts