Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some new lights for my truck and have been endlessly reading tips on these forums of how to wire them. Several references have been made to "Add-A-Circuit". If I understand these correctly, you plug it directly into your fuse block and it has a pigtail you can use as your trigger wire for the light relays, correct?

Where can I buy Add-A-Circuits at? Checker or some other local parts store? If so, what are they called and how much are they, roughly? I called my local Checker and I may as well have been talking to a wall. Guy had no idea what I was talking about and said to try their website, www.partsamerica.com. I couldn't find anything under "Add-A-Circuit".

Also, I have 4 lights on two different relays I plan on wiring. Can I tap the trigger wires for both relays from the same Add-A-Circuit? :)

Your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I got one from Parts Express (www.parts-express.com)

Part Number 071-585 Littelfuse Add-A-Circuit for Mini Fuses $11.95 plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
If I understand these correctly, you plug it directly into your fuse block and it has a pigtail you can use as your trigger wire for the light relays, correct?

YES.

Where can I buy Add-A-Circuits at? Checker or some other local parts store?

I BOUGHT MINE AT AUTO-ZONE.

If so, what are they called and how much are they, roughly?

I THINK I PAID A LITTLE LESS THAN $10. THEY ARE MADE BY LITTELFUSE AND ARE CALLED MINI BLADE ADD-A-CIRCUIT.

Also, I have 4 lights on two different relays I plan on wiring. Can I tap the trigger wires for both relays from the same Add-A-Circuit?

YES, VERY LIKELY AS THE TRIGGER LEAD FOR EACH RELAY WILL PROBABLY DRAW LESS THAN 1 AMP EACH. FOR EXAMPLE I THINK THAT BOSCH 30 AMP RELAY DRAWS LESS THAN 0.3 AMPS ON THE TRIGGER LEAD.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
EvilPeppard said:
Thanks. Any idea if any of the local Auto Parts stores carry these?
The Auto Zone and Advance Auto stores that I went to in small town in NE PA (near my in-laws) didn't have them in stock. Maybe if I went to stores in a larger city....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bestatchess said:
If I understand these correctly, you plug it directly into your fuse block and it has a pigtail you can use as your trigger wire for the light relays, correct?

YES.

Where can I buy Add-A-Circuits at? Checker or some other local parts store?

I BOUGHT MINE AT AUTO-ZONE.

If so, what are they called and how much are they, roughly?

I THINK I PAID A LITTLE LESS THAN $10. THEY ARE MADE BY LITTELFUSE AND ARE CALLED MINI BLADE ADD-A-CIRCUIT.

Also, I have 4 lights on two different relays I plan on wiring. Can I tap the trigger wires for both relays from the same Add-A-Circuit?

YES, VERY LIKELY AS THE TRIGGER LEAD FOR EACH RELAY WILL PROBABLY DRAW LESS THAN 1 AMP EACH. FOR EXAMPLE I THINK THAT BOSCH 30 AMP RELAY DRAWS LESS THAN 0.3 AMPS ON THE TRIGGER LEAD.
Thanks! (and hello from a fellow Denverite :) )

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts