Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I've got the 4 inch extended travel kit with 33s and I've probably got 3 inchs of lift in the front which I understand is the limit before binding will occur, axle geometry issues, etc but my truck rides like absolute crap. I feel like Im riding on a wagon. My question is why is it ill advised to add a 1.5 PRG spacer to the top of my coilovers and take the pre load out of the c/os so they ride better? I've talked to Greg and he doesn't advise it but I wasn't given any particular reason why. Does anyone have the answer/ experience with this issue? BTW I'm only showing 1 1/2 inches of threads at the bottom of my coilovers. I also have the PRG a-arms. I gotta get this fixed, I spent too much money and time for my truck to ride this poorly. Thanks in advance.

Ryan

·
Registered
501 Posts
Not knocking Greg, but my Rads ride the same way. I have the mid travel kit and I get a knocking noise when going over bumps.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not knocking Greg, but my Rads ride the same way. I have the mid travel kit and I get a knocking noise when going over bumps.
Dude same here mine are making knocking noises too. It's embarrassingly loud. It rode a lot better stock to be honest. I thought it was my rack and pinion but there's nothing wrong with it and it's not my sway bar cause I removed it long ago. I talked to Greg I might just have to send them back to get checked/revalved.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
They say knocking noises is from poor installation, bring it to greg, he'll look at it and get ur ride perfect!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Same thing on my truck! but I think the noise is only coming from the right side. I don't think it sounds loud but the sound of it when I hit a bump makes me wonder when something is goin to fall apart lol...I have checked and re-checked all of the parts and none of them appear to be loose.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They say knocking noises is from poor installation, bring it to greg, he'll look at it and get ur ride perfect!
I thought the same thing but I had the shop re-torque everything and they couldn't find anything wrong.:ftard: I frusturated cause I sold my perfectly good Lifted Z71 for the same reason- the front suspension (torsion bars) sucked and the ride was garbage so I decided to get a truck with the coilover setup and now.... well I'm back at square one.:bangit: I need to fix this issue soon cause I'm ready to get rid of it if can't get the truck to go down the road nicer than a stage coach.:gay:LAME!!! Thanks guys for the info anyone else got any good news please chime in.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
mine knocks horible....but that was with my bracket 6" spacer...sold the lift now im back stock and i still get the same issue...its going in tomorrow to get resolved...im with rsh46 if i cant figure this clunk out its goin bye bye and im gonna get a work work truck or go green and get some gas saver and say f it....idk ive given up on suspension components. for the first couple months my truck rode awesome but then the little gremlins came out and my truck sounded like a 53' container trailer going over a speed bump at 50 mph....embarrassing

whats up goose where you been bro

·
Registered
865 Posts
mine knocks horible....but that was with my bracket 6" spacer...sold the lift now im back stock and i still get the same issue...its going in tomorrow to get resolved...im with rsh46 if i cant figure this clunk out its goin bye bye and im gonna get a work work truck or go green and get some gas saver and say f it....idk ive given up on suspension components. for the first couple months my truck rode awesome but then the little gremlins came out and my truck sounded like a 53' container trailer going over a speed bump at 50 mph....embarrassing

whats up goose where you been bro
That sucks man! I hope you get the issue resolved whatever it might be! I don't think I could ever sell my truck because I know I would just want another one...I used to have a 1995 nissan 240 and I sold that like 3 Yrs ago...still miss it everyday lol. I've been around here man just not really posting anything...haven't bought any new parts for the T to show off haha

·
Registered
787 Posts
Do your radflos have a top hat to them? If so flip that sucker and take off the preload.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Do your radflos have a top hat to them? If so flip that sucker and take off the preload.
do you have a pic of this by any chance? what does that do if you flip the hats?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The rads don't have hats, the saw and icons do. Not sure what the difference between that and placing a spacer in there..:confused:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

For real, I've been thinking about getting a cpo 335i e90 but I really like not having a car payment:eyebrow: the mileage would be great. It kills me that $4500 in my set up and I'm worse off:stab: hopefully Greg can fix them. I just gotta find time to put em and drive the wife mobile until they return.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
explain the knock? I have radflos and mine would rattle or make a weird noise and the prob was that the spring wasn't properly centered.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
explain the knock? I have radflos and mine would rattle or make a weird noise and the prob was that the spring wasn't properly centered.
Thats an option, because it sounds like a hallow, loose clunking noise at every small, abrupt bump in the road- as if no real suspension were present up front. IOW no dampening of the small bumps, pot holes etc. You can feel every imperfection in the road. And having moved to Texas where the thought of paving roads flat is non existent the problem has become exacerbated.:ftard: Large smooth transitions that cause the suspension to travel more does not produce any such noise.

Thanks for chiming in Sal

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Thats an option, because it sounds like a hallow, loose clunking noise at every small, abrupt bump in the road- as if no real suspension were present up front. IOW no dampening of the small bumps, pot holes etc. You can feel every imperfection in the road. And having moved to Texas where the thought of paving roads flat is non existent the problem has become exacerbated.:ftard: Large smooth transitions that cause the suspension to travel more does not produce any such noise.

I've got the exact same things happening with my SAW coilovers. My driver's side is fine, but the passenger's side makes the awful "clunk" sound like someone is beating on the frame up front with a hammer. Same deal, small bumps, pot holes, etc. cause the "clunk", but the large smooth transitions don't cause anything. My solution, I ordered a set of Radflos from Greg. Meanwhile, I'm going to rebuild the SAWs myself to see what's going on.

*The SAWs have shock oil all over the bodies, so my suspicion is they're in need a rebuild and that's causing the sound.

Like everyone, I've checked, rechecked and checked again all the bolts up front, making sure they're all nice and snug. Nothing seems loose to me. I just find it odd that it only happens on my passenger side?....:confused:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sorry for the dumb question but I wanted to ask what are SAW's

I've got the exact same things happening with my SAW coilovers. My driver's side is fine, but the passenger's side makes the awful "clunk" sound like someone is beating on the frame up front with a hammer. Same deal, small bumps, pot holes, etc. cause the "clunk", but the large smooth transitions don't cause anything. My solution, I ordered a set of Radflos from Greg. Meanwhile, I'm going to rebuild the SAWs myself to see what's going on.

*The SAWs have shock oil all over the bodies, so my suspicion is they're in need a rebuild and that's causing the sound.

Like everyone, I've checked, rechecked and checked again all the bolts up front, making sure they're all nice and snug. Nothing seems loose to me. I just find it odd that it only happens on my passenger side?....:confused:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ok thanks
10char

·
Registered
501 Posts

It's almost like the diameter of the cross bolt that goes through the billet spacer is too small for the eyelet hole of the shock which is causing the rattling sound.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts