Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '19 P4X doesn't have the around view monitor package, and to be honest, it wasn't something I really wanted anyway. That said, I recently replaced my tow mirrors with the non-tow versions I bought from a member here. The new mirrors have the cameras, which currently do nothing. I figured now that I have 3 out of 4 of the cameras, I'd see what else might be required to get the system to function. The front camera is the obvious piece, and I'm betting the wiring is already there for it. What I don't know is what else would be needed after that.
I did some searching and couldn't find anyone that had actually done it - just some discussions about what "Might" be needed. Figured I'd ask again to see if anyone had any more definitive info.
My guess is that at a minimum, I'd need the dealer to activate the feature.

·
Registered
2018 Titan Pro4x CC
100 Posts
So seems like my service advisor said some wiring may be in place on my Pro4x but the ECU may be different. He is checking if that’s true or BS.
If tru, the plan is to install a 3rd party mirror for A/v and hardwire a HQ camera.Heck an aftermarketback up camera may work , as long as it can be a clean install.

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
6,197 Posts
sounds like it could be a great deal if you have the needed wiring and ecu. i don't understand how that could be an issue since the ecu seems to be the same across models and the dealer just logs in and opens options when needed, but who knows

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
The parts may be the same but you may need the Nissan scanner to enable some features. To make my remote start work on my last Titan SV it had to go to service first.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
2018 Titan Pro4x CC
100 Posts
I am sure I could make the camera fit. Nothing Dremel work and epoxy can’t handle. I will update this post when it gets done. It may be in the summer , as my winch RC exo winch mount is next item to worked on. Waiting on order fulfillment and delivery.

Misayaee Front View Logo Embedded Camera Parking System with CCD Waterproof IP67 Wide Degree (Middle) for X-Trail Tiida Qashqai Livina Fairlady Pulsar Cube Armada Frontier Murano https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D29DWQ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_8815JE33H452FNNKAWXC

update: Another reason this may wait, because once I relocate front sensors to the RC Exo mount,it may make more sense to install camera there too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Front camera is built into the grill. You will have to buy the grill with camera. About $500
You don't have to buy the whole grille, you can just get the emblem with the camera hole. I'm working on putting the 360 view in as well. I have a 2017 SV 4x4. I put the Phoenix 13" screen in and now I want the 360° camera view. PS - the wiring for the camera is not there in the front, and the wiring harness is different for the side view mirrors. The connector is the same but the necessary wires aren't there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey did you guys ever get this added? I was looking at adding around view and intelligent rear view mirror to my armada! I found all the parts just need to know if it's possible and when talking to the dealer they just have a dumbfounded look of "you wanna do what?" LOL 😀

·
Registered
16 Posts
It doesn't help any of you looking to add the around-view to your late-model titans, but I found a cheap amazon package that I'm going to attempt to install. Rear, front, and camera mirrors, and I'll run an external always-on external monitor, but will also have it wired to run through my head unit display. At least, that's the plan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It doesn't help any of you looking to add the around-view to your late-model titans, but I found a cheap amazon package that I'm going to attempt to install. Rear, front, and camera mirrors, and I'll run an external always-on external monitor, but will also have it wired to run through my head unit display. At least, that's the plan.
The issue I was having with this solution is getting it calibrated to show where the steering lines are accurately, but if this is the only solution available then it's what we got! I talked to a service advisor who is going to have a shop foreman call me to see if it's possible to retroactively add these systems to our trucks. I don't see why not it's the same damn vehicle! The map I see in my head is component ----> connected with harness -----> enabled with software. Any body else have thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
The issue I was having with this solution is getting it calibrated to show where the steering lines are accurately, but if this is the only solution available then it's what we got! I talked to a service advisor who is going to have a shop foreman call me to see if it's possible to retroactively add these systems to our trucks. I don't see why not it's the same damn vehicle! The map I see in my head is component ----> connected with harness -----> enabled with software. Any body else have thoughts?
They tried to get you to buy a higher trim level but you didn’t do it.

Clint

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Some car companies can turn on an option just from a software change.

Clint

1 - 17 of 17 Posts