Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has added a DVD player to their 2008 factory radio? If so, what exactly needs to be done to get this to work. My factory radio has a button for the DVD, but I don't have a DVD player or any screens. Was thinking about getting some screens from James, but I need a DVD player to make them work.

Thanks to all for the replies.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i also have an 08 se w/o the dvd but with the rockford fosgate 6 cd with rear audio controls....sorry, i haven't added a dvd player, and i won't until after my kids get through the veggie tales stage, but eventually i too would like to add one....so please update with what you find

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope. I would think that an add on DVD player could be wired into the AUX port on the factory unit and a screen (Myron&Davis or the like) could be added to the drop down bin to provide a working system. I just haven't got around to trying, and my truck is currently at the dealer getting the new combimeter installed.

I may try this at the beginning of the year and see what happens. I have a 7 year warranty, so what could go wrong (famous last words)?

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
It's gonna be tough adding an aftermarket dvd player to the factory headunit (as in tapping into the dvd harness). One good bit of info is the AUX can be selected from the rear controller now(unlike previous model) so you can tap into the AUX instead of the DVD harness.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bbf, now I am confused. My AUX/DVD are the same button on the headunit. All I was going to do was tap into the AUX on the HU to output audio from the DVD player to the HU and send the video signal right to the overhead screen. Maybe, I am mixing and matching my terminology, but are you saying that the DVD and AUX have different inputs/outputs even though they are operated through the same button?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, FourDoor, mine looks exactly like yours (no pun intended). Sorry, it was at the dealer getting a new combimeter so I couldn't go and look. So I am guessing based on Bbf's comments it is easier to tie into AUX than the CD/DVD button?

·
Registered
686 Posts
That would be my best guess as well. Use the aux input and adjust the input level from the dvd player if possible. I found the 2008 aux input to be rather poor and causes feedback and buzzing if the input volume is too high.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts