Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!!
:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Just looking for a little help, I bought LED's to replace my interior dome lights, and door lights, and decided I wanted to add some floor lights as well. Thought these would look cool, bought 4 total, two for the front and two for the back. Any suggestion as to what wires to tap into to add these lights? I was thinking I would like them to come on with the interior dome lights, don't want them on while driving just when doors are open and such. Not sure if I should attach to a relay or fuse OR a specific wire under the dash.

Thanks in ADVANCE for your help!!!

This is a link to the lights I bought.....
ALM series Rectangle Accent Light Module Specifications

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow....y'all guys are reading my mind these days. I literally just logged on to post this picture to make sure that my theory was sound. I want to tap into both the overhead lights AND the radio so that when I am getting into the truck (and the interior lights come on) as well as when the radio has power (anytime the truck is on) the floor and doorhandle lights are on. I know I have to use a relay to prevent my two power "sources" from influencing each other...I don't mean to hijack this thread Chili but I think we are literally wanting to do the same thing. By the way, I'll tap the radio in the fuse box with an "extend-a-fuse" wire and I'll tap the "interior lights" at the current (crappy) floor lamp in the driver's footwell.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
THATS AWESOME!!! Thanks a ton titanss!!!

That was exactly the help I was needing, AND I got another idea with the cup holder light.....but I need to see how bright these guys are. Other wise I am gonna just put them under the seats and point them back....

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
I have mine tied into the cargo light circuit so they come on when i open the door. I can also turn them on while driving by fliping the cargo light switch On.

Here's How: How to: Footwell lights - MightyTitans.com
So is the cargo light circut in the passenger wheel well? Green wire? I guess I could use the red/green stripe wire for the courtesy lights in the doors and run each side off that. How many lights do you think can be added onto the same circuit. I'm thinking of adding 1 under each of the front seats facing back to illuminate the rear floor and 1 under ech side of the dash to illuminate the front floors, so it would be 2 additional lights per side.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
So is the cargo light circut in the passenger wheel well? Green wire? I guess I could use the red/green stripe wire for the courtesy lights in the doors and run each side off that. How many lights do you think can be added onto the same circuit. I'm thinking of adding 1 under each of the front seats facing back to illuminate the rear floor and 1 under ech side of the dash to illuminate the front floors, so it would be 2 additional lights per side.

LED's have a low current draw, so the four you want to add will not stress the circuit.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Good, cause I already ordered 4 of them! I didn't think adding the 4 LEDs would draw that much power.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well, I didn't see the "light blue" wire in my 2010, but I found the light green wire. I added the four sets of lights for the front and rear floors. Each set of lights had three leds. Unfortunately I really don't feel they are bright enough. The dome lights seems to over power them. Any suggestions there? Think ill move the two sets just to the rear and add longer led strips to the front. Will the green wire be able support that many lights?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Well, I didn't see the "light blue" wire in my 2010, but I found the light green wire. I added the four sets of lights for the front and rear floors. Each set of lights had three leds. Unfortunately I really don't feel they are bright enough. The dome lights seems to over power them. Any suggestions there? Think ill move the two sets just to the rear and add longer led strips to the front. Will the green wire be able support that many lights?
You should have no problems with a few more lights.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You could always buy a Add-On Fuse tape and run a pretty much complete home run line thats fused to a switch.... I install LED's all day and try to avoid as much as possibly to tap into stock wiring. Sometimes unavoidable. These days I use wireless remotes for almost all of my installs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts