Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've searched all over and I can't seem to find a definitive answer to this. I have an '06 Titan LE Crew with the factory Rockford NAV. I've found a number of sites selling the Nissan OEM XM module ~$200. Can I add this to the setup I have? It looks like it was an option on my truck. What do I need? Many sites state that if you have the rockford stereo you don't need the mounting bracket, but it doesn't state regular radio or nav. So I'm guess I need:
XM Module
XM Radio harness
XM Mag mount antenna

Anything else I might need? I'm hoping this is doable, I wasn't a big Sat radio fan, but it came in my accord, I found I really like it. I'd like to install it without any aftermarket nonsense cables running all over the cab.

Thanks!!!

Rob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks for the reply and the link!! I didn't want to order it, pull the dash and well you know the deal... :) The one I'm looking at has one antenna connector. I'd post a link but the forum says I have to post 15 times first? *grumble* People can have avatars with nearly naked bouncing boobs, but no url.. (I like that avatar, just stating :) grin) It looks like it won't need a splitter, but it has 2 bus connectors... Probably for chaining NBUS devices? Anyhow, just in case where is a good place to get the xm antenna splitter? I'll pull the lower panel and check the for the nbus cable and go from there. I'm installing a Parrottalk kit as well, so 2 birds one stone. Can I add the factory bluetooth kit as well? I know fat chance ona 2006, but I have to ask. I'll get my kit installed and then minutes later find out I could have got a nice integrated one. :)

Thanks!!

Rob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help, Set me in the right direction! No problem installing it, I've done plenty of custom installs, the install pics I saw looked like a real no brainer... I'll be routing the cable for the mic with the BT setup, so I'll have the A pillar apart, just have to run it to the 3rd brake light. Had to do it for the Nav HU install in my '04 F150, easy easy... I just wanted make sure the nav head unit would work with it. I couldn't find any posts that specifically said NAV. They all refered to the standard RF head unit. Thanks again!

Cheers,

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.