Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as it reads, im purchasing a new RAS system for my 08 Crew SE. Now from what i've read, this will raise the rear a couple of inches. Truck already is racked so gonna have to add something in the front to bring it up. Now since i have a 08, 1.5 is the tallest level i can get to avoid CB contact. So should i buy new UCA's and run a taller level? or should i buy a new setup completly like Icon's or SAW's??? if i do that then should i change out the back as well, and then go with a extended travel pakage?

I plan on buying 18x9-18inch KMC Monsters (not sure what offset yet) in the spring and wrap them in Nitto Trailgraps. Now with the suspension upgrades im making, will the 295/70/18 fit or should i stay with the 285/65/18?

thanks guys

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
50 reads and no replies?? help me out here guys, need to know where to spend my money, and if i need to spend it!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Depends if you are 2wd or 4wd. What do you want to do? Lift the truck to look good or offroad the thing? How much do you want to spend? Simplest thing would be to add the Roadmaster Active Suspension (I have them on my truck) and get a set of CST spindles up front. Then later down the line if you want to go bigger you can add coilovers and a leaf pack to the back along with new rear shocks and a new carrier drop bracket if you are 2wd. I suggest if you go with the 295/70/18 lift it atleast 6 inches. My 35x12.5x18 still rubbed if I hit a dip while turning with 8" of lift so I can just imagine if you just tried to slap some tires measuring almost 35" on 4" of lift with just coilovers.:huh:

Here is how my 2wd sits with cst spindles up front with dr (titan) coilovers and a deaver 3 spring pack with bilsteins a 2" tapered block and RAS.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTxECVigH6M

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends if you are 2wd or 4wd. What do you want to do? Lift the truck to look good or offroad the thing? How much do you want to spend? Simplest thing would be to add the Roadmaster Active Suspension (I have them on my truck) and get a set of CST spindles up front. Then later down the line if you want to go bigger you can add coilovers and a leaf pack to the back along with new rear shocks and a new carrier drop bracket if you are 2wd. I suggest if you go with the 295/70/18 lift it atleast 6 inches. My 35x12.5x18 still rubbed if I hit a dip while turning with 8" of lift so I can just imagine if you just tried to slap some tires measuring almost 35" on 4" of lift with just coilovers.:huh:

Here is how my 2wd sits with cst spindles up front with dr (titan) coilovers and a deaver 3 spring pack with bilsteins a 2" tapered block and RAS.YouTube - NISSAN TITAN EXHAUST FLOWTECH AFTERBURNER MUFFLER
Thanks!! but i am 4wd so no spindles for me (if im not mistaken). For the money... well its the least possible with getting the best possible lol, the lift is only to fit the tires i want, wasent sure if i needed one with the different threads saying some fit with just levels, others need lifts..... all very confusing, and since my shop wont do a test fit... i want to be sure everything is gonna fit and look good before i purchase.

RAS is definatly comming tho, that will help when towing my TT......thats why i need more ideas on what to do with my front end

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thanks!! but i am 4wd so no spindles for me (if im not mistaken). For the money... well its the least possible with getting the best possible lol, the lift is only to fit the tires i want, wasent sure if i needed one with the different threads saying some fit with just levels, others need lifts..... all very confusing, and since my shop wont do a test fit... i want to be sure everything is gonna fit and look good before i purchase.

RAS is definatly comming tho, that will help when towing my TT......thats why i need more ideas on what to do with my front end
I still think that you should roll atleast with a 6" lift with 35's IMO. There is another thread on here where a guy put some 35's on his truck with 2.5" of lift with a spacer and to me it looks wrong. Get some coilovers and crank them up and get the RAS for the rear and put on some nice 33's and call it a day, you could always add more to the lift later on and go bigger. Or screw it go for the whole kit and kaboodle, I got all my stuff from PRG and couldn't be happier. Go with this kit for 4" of lift because without the upper control arms you can only get 2.5" out of it.

http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/4wd_extended_travel_package/

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I still think that you should roll atleast with a 6" lift with 35's IMO. There is another thread on here where a guy put some 35's on his truck with 2.5" of lift with a spacer and to me it looks wrong. Get some coilovers and crank them up and get the RAS for the rear and put on some nice 33's and call it a day, you could always add more to the lift later on and go bigger. Or screw it go for the whole kit and kaboodle, I got all my stuff from PRG and couldn't be happier. Go with this kit for 4" of lift because without the upper control arms you can only get 2.5" out of it.

PRG Products
Thanks for the info
Thats the kit i was looking at! but it is a little high up there in my price range. But with that and RAS it should fit the 295's without looking wrong and rubbing like crazy in the wheel wells?

On the cheaper side, if i go with just a level for the front (1.5 is max i think), would it be enough to match the height difference from the RAS in the back, and fit the 285's?

Or a little more $ buy new UCA's and go for a 2 or 2.5 spacer????

I dunno......lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what do you guys think?? Extended travel package, or can i get away with 1 of the 2 other options?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts