Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a sales guy at the dealer tells me that all of the SV's and above have the parts installed for remote start but if you didn't get the right add-on or package you don't get the remote. Okay, I take a look at the Nissan Parts USA site and sure enough there is a fob with the correct buttons on it. All you have to do is program it, not a big deal at all. Is this really that easy for $275 bucks?

·
Registered
117 Posts
So, a sales guy at the dealer tells me that all of the SV's and above have the parts installed for remote start but if you didn't get the right add-on or package you don't get the remote. Okay, I take a look at the Nissan Parts USA site and sure enough there is a fob with the correct buttons on it. All you have to do is program it, not a big deal at all. Is this really that easy for $275 bucks?
I had bought the kit. It has a hood latch that you replace the current one with. There is a connector that you hook up, so it won't start if the hoods open. Then you get to fobs that you need to have programmed at the dealer.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Got my 2017 CC SV 4x4 last Saturday and wanted the remote start. They did confirm what I suspected: They simply keep the 3-button remotes that came with the truck from the factory, grab the 4-button remotes and program/sync them to the truck.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The price is right because if u buy the the kit from and 2 party they NISSAN will charge u 85$ to program the key..so 275-85 =190 so u really want to buy it get it cheaper then 190$

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my 2017 CC SV 4x4 last Saturday and wanted the remote start. They did confirm what I suspected: They simply keep the 3-button remotes that came with the truck from the factory, grab the 4-button remotes and program/sync them to the truck.
That's absolutely crazy and awesome at the same time. I can't wait to get it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm buying my kit off ebay. I am going to install myself. Can I program the remotes myself or do I have to bring to dealer for programming. If I can do this without dealer can someone list details how to. Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm buying my kit off ebay. I am going to install myself. Can I program the remotes myself or do I have to bring to dealer for programming. If I can do this without dealer can someone list details how to. Thanks
Unfortunately you have to go to the dealer to program them. I still need to get the dealer to program mine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My remote start kit was delivered yesterday. I installed the hood latch which was easy and only took 15 minutes. Now to the dealer first thing tomorrow morning to program.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Got it done.Dealer programmed for me this morning.
:cool: congrats ... and I just used mine this morning. We were in the teens last night here in FL.

How much did your dealership charge you? Just curious.

Suggested next version of the remote start; are you listening Nissan? Add a timer in the fob that beeps after about 9 minutes so we know the initial 10 minute period is almost up ... so we can either go drive, or press the button to extend it for the second 10 minute period. Thanks for listening, Nissan :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
does the heat turn on and air ??? how does it work?? thanks
I can offer you my 'observation' based on my brief use so far: When I get in the truck after having remotely started it, the air is blowing like mad, but it doesn't seem like the heat is on. Or maybe it's on but not max, because the truck is certainly warmer than the outside air, but it's not until I press the brake pedal and then the start button that the air flow calms down and then nice warm air flows. So I'm not 100% sure what it's doing yet. Nor whether it's doing exactly what it's supposed to.

I'd love to jump in to full hot air blasting, but that doesn't seem to be the way it works. Would also be nice if the truck knew it's cold out so also turns on the heated seats.

·
Registered
37 Posts
isn't there a app that you can control **** from?? I wanna do this but if it doesn't heat or cool the car I can spend the $300-400 somewhere else lol..How much did the dealer charge you?? thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
My dealer didnt charge me anything to program it. They were making it up to for the inconvenience of having to go back and getting tires replaced. My truck had a vibration at highway speed. The tires were flatspotted so bad they had to replace all 4.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts