Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I can offer you my 'observation' based on my brief use so far: When I get in the truck after having remotely started it, the air is blowing like mad, but it doesn't seem like the heat is on. Or maybe it's on but not max, because the truck is certainly warmer than the outside air, but it's not until I press the brake pedal and then the start button that the air flow calms down and then nice warm air flows. So I'm not 100% sure what it's doing yet. Nor whether it's doing exactly what it's supposed to.

I'd love to jump in to full hot air blasting, but that doesn't seem to be the way it works. Would also be nice if the truck knew it's cold out so also turns on the heated seats.
It does that on purpose, it's a feature so to speak.
● Vehicles with an automatic climate control
system will default to either a heating or
cooling mode depending on outside and
cabin temperatures.

Don't quote me but (I think) somewhere I read that if it's cold, I guess cool air you feel when you step in actually defrosts the windshield quicker which is why it does that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
how do you know if you have auto climate control??? I have a 2017 SV and want to get the remote start but I would like the Air to come on or heat ..

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would think if you have a remote start, you have the auto climate control. Remote start the truck and when you get it, the AC/HEAT, the digital read out on the dash, won't be lite up pr on, but it'll be on full blast.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My question is if I add this to my truck (2017 SV) and do NOT have auto climate control, will it start up working based on how I left the climate control settings when I turned the truck off? For example if I turned the truck off while the heat was blowing, will it start up with the heat blowing?

·
Registered
28 Posts
My question is if I add this to my truck (2017 SV) and do NOT have auto climate control, will it start up working based on how I left the climate control settings when I turned the truck off? For example if I turned the truck off while the heat was blowing, will it start up with the heat blowing?
Good question, interested to know also..

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Good question, interested to know also..
It's usually the same as if you turned a key, or in this case push to start. Where you left it, is where it will be. I didn't think that you could add it to a non-auto system. If you can, that's even more awesome.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I bought a Titan last week and found out about the remote start not being standard . . . not really wild about paying another $200 or more to get it, but I had it on my GMC and loved it. Guess I'll check into having the the appropriate fobs programmed and see what that runs. Do you have to get the hood latch or can you simply get new fobs and have them programmed?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I bought a Titan last week and found out about the remote start not being standard . . . not really wild about paying another $200 or more to get it, but I had it on my GMC and loved it. Guess I'll check into having the the appropriate fobs programmed and see what that runs. Do you have to get the hood latch or can you simply get new fobs and have them programmed?
Have to get the new hood latch as well as the new fobs.

Reactions: Bobby Villines

·
Registered
74 Posts
The key fobs and hood latch come in a kit. You just order the remote start kit and all three come in one box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My new 2018 that I purchased last week is doing the same thing. They told me to wait 1k miles to see if it would straighten out and if not to bring it back and they would replace the tires. I am only a couple of hundred miles in but it hasn't yet. My suspicion is it will not.

·
Registered
712 Posts
My new 2018 that I purchased last week is doing the same thing. They told me to wait 1k miles to see if it would straighten out and if not to bring it back and they would replace the tires. I am only a couple of hundred miles in but it hasn't yet. My suspicion is it will not.
That's what is referred to as "making you go away and hoping you go somewhere else when, not if, the problem doesn't fix itself."

Sorry, I have a bad attitude about sales folk.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’m glad I found this forum. I have a 2018 S Crew model. I ordered the remote start kit.

I’m going to install the latch myself and the dealer said they program keys for $85.

How hard was it to reconnect the hood release latch? It looks fairly easy.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts