Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
My new 2018 that I purchased last week is doing the same thing. They told me to wait 1k miles to see if it would straighten out and if not to bring it back and they would replace the tires. I am only a couple of hundred miles in but it hasn't yet. My suspicion is it will not.
See the YouTube video on how the system works. We have an 18 Pro4X and it works exactly as described. In fact on real cold days, even the steering wheel heater come on. Whenever we use the remote start on the Titan, we have seldom let the car remain started for more than 5 mins. Sometimes it takes a while to get the minimal amount of snow scraped/wiped off the glass and this gives the truck a little time to warm up as well. In summary, at least the original system works well enough.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=2018+Nissan+Titan+remote+start+video&view=detail&mid=0667A516E0578CBBB5E60667A516E0578CBBB5E6&FORM=VIRE

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered the remote start kit from ebay. I installed the latch myself (15 Minutes), and called a locksmith to program my remotes. I paid a little more but I don't have time during the week to sit at the dealership. Plus, I kept my old key fobs. Initially, the locksmith said he couldn't do it because the FCC# and the Part # on the new (4 button) key fob didn't match the FCC# and Part# on the old (3 button) key fobs. I asked him to try it and I would pay him either way. To his surprise, it worked! So, if you are like me and you don't mind paying a little extra to avoid the dealership... call a locksmith! hope this helps

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I doubt that one is compatible with vehicles that use proximity keys like our Titans.
I figured as much . . . folks have mentioned using a bypass or something. Oh well. I guess I'll keep starting it the old fashioned way. That's the one thing I miss from my 2010 Sierra.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My remote start kit was delivered yesterday. I installed the hood latch which was easy and only took 15 minutes. Now to the dealer first thing tomorrow morning to program.
Hi, so I looked at my Titan and has the match with the connector but is just hanging not connected to anything. Do I need to buy a harness?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts