Nissan Titan Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,452 Posts
Look down inside the grill and you will see a plug with a cap in the end, to the left of the latch assembly. Take the plug out and that's where

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,452 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
If anyone has a 2018 0r 2019 SV check under the hood for the pigtail on the vertical support bracket, if so
you need the hood latch kit with the micro switch which comes with the new Fob's. You will be going from a three button
to a 4 button fob which need to be program. I have done two so i know it works. The part Number you are looking for is
999k1-w8000.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@Ozark46

Do the FOBs need to be programmed by the dealership? Can you use your existing FOBs? Its recently been on sale and I wanted to do it myself and save the extra $$$ for other parts.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,452 Posts
It takes about 10 mins to program them but they charge a shop hour, I believe. Unless you do like someone mentioned and give the oil change guy some side money and he does it well doing the oil change. That sounds like the best way to do it, to me

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 21 Titan and was looking into adding the remote start. Dealer quoted $720 for parts and labor. My question is does anyone know if I add it will it pop up my app to remote start from the app? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,452 Posts
i imagine they will still have to turn it on in the shop.

you can put everything on yourself and just have them do the programming. 720 is crazy for how easy it is to undo the three bolts and put the new part in place. then you just plug in the harness right there by the latch and take it to get programmed.

you can buy the parts and install it with the battery disconnected and see if maybe when you are done and hook the battery up, maybe the ecu will recognize the latch microswitch and let you remote start from the app.

or put a jumper wire on the harness plug and not buy any parts and see if it lets you remote start from the app. that microswitch is just a normally open switch so jumping the pins in the harness right where you would plug the new latch assembly in will simulate a microswitch reading closed so the ecu will only see a complete circuit.

mine isn't new enough to use the app so i cannot tell you if it works for sure, or not.

see the three slots. you need to get your multimeter and see which is sending current when the truck is running and which is a ground. don't connect the power to the ground, try jumping to the other pin and it should let your truck think its got the remote latch in place.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,452 Posts
and actually, one of those pins might be a fake so check your harness side and it might just be a jumper and hook the battery up and try starting in the app. if it starts with just a jumper, i would make a jumper and put the cover back on the harness end and forget about buying anything and use your phone app to start the truck

61 - 69 of 69 Posts