Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to use some sort of line covertor from the rear speakers? ive read that in some threads? or can i just split the line out used for the factory sub? or isnt there one?

Where does an REQ fit into the mix? i thought it was a LOC but i guess its not?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts
If your amp has high level input you can just use the wires running to the stock sub. If your amp does not, you will need a LOC, and again you can use the wires running to the stock sub.

I think the REQ is a LOC but also a preamp. Stock radios have a dendency to mute the lower frequencies at higher volume because the stock speakers arent built to handle it. The REQ gives this back.

There are 2 pairs of wire running to the stock sub. I used these to connect to the 2 pairs on my LOC, and it works fine.

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts
with that amp you can use the harness, but if you want better SQ you use the REQ and the low level inputs. (RCA)

you are correct on the wireing order. but the stock amp is actually under the dash on the pass side i think.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ok , so I have 2004 titan with the rockfordfosgate hu. I want to add my aftermarkt amp and subs to the factory rf head unit so I got the loc. my question is can I tap into the rear speakers instead of messing w the factory hu.? also in order to get my subs and aftermrkt amp to wrk do I need to bypass the factory rf amp? thnk u 7

1 - 6 of 6 Posts