Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered a hitchsafe to store an extra key and realized it would be best to also store an extra key fob. Any experience buying one? The instructions for programming are in the maintenance manual and are clear enough. The purchase is the issue here. The dealer lists another key fob at $160 - 190. Used key fobs are on ebay for about $18. Other sites have new key fobs at about $50.

I am leaning toward the new key fob at about $50. Any opinions?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Go for a used one. Even one that has four buttons on it (lock, unlock, trunk release and panic) will work. Worst that can happen is a bad battery. If you have a good relationship with your salesman, you could even go back and ask for one. When I was selling cars, we had a plastic bucket full of remotes for cars that were not given out, lost and found, etc. Heck, just go back and tell them you never got two with your vehicle purchase. That is what I would do.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
can you please post instructions on how to program them? (is it similar to the numeric keypad?)

I'd also like to know how to wipe all codes and reprogram only the remotes I have in my posession .

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Energizer said:
can you please post instructions on how to program them? (is it similar to the numeric keypad?)

I'd also like to know how to wipe all codes and reprogram only the remotes I have in my posession .
Your truck can only hold up to 5 remotes. When a new one is enter the oldest one get knock out. So you can program the key fobs/keyless entry pad 5 times to knock out any older one.

ID CODE ENTRY PRODCEDURE

Step 1) Sit in drivers seat, close and lock all doors.

Step 2) Insert key into and remove it from ignition key cylinder more than six times within 10 seconds.
(Hazard warning lamps will then flash twice).

NOTE:
Withdraw key completely from ignition key cylinder each time.
If procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter registration mode.

Step 3) Insert key into ignition key cylinder and turn to ACC position.

Step 4) Push any button on remote controller once. (Hazard warning lamps will then flash twice).
At this time, the oldest ID code is erased and the new ID code is entered.

Step 5) Do you want to enter any additional remote controller ID codes?
A maximum of four ID codes may be entered. If more then four ID codes are entered,
the oldest ID code will be erased.
If you do not want to enter any additional remote controller ID codes, go to Step 9).

Step 6) ADDITIONAL ID CODE ENTRY
Lock all doors with LH (driver side) lock/unlock switch
(in main power window and door lock/unlock switch).

Step 7) Push any button twice on remote controller once, (Hazard warning lamps will then flash twice).
At this time, the oldest ID code is erased and the new ID code is entered.

Step 8) Do you want to enter any additional remote controller ID codes?
If so, unlock doors then repeat Step 6) and Step 7).

Step 9) When complete, open door, and check operation of remote.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
thanks... too bad I need 4 or 5 devices to wipe all old remotes... as I'm pretty sure my truck came new with 2 remotes, and I only got one... (bought it barely used and saved $$$)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts