Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add a backup camera for my 08 LE with factory navigation.. I found this to do exactly what I want, which is to add another video input.. However, it's $200 and was hoping there are cheaper ways to do it..

Has anyone done this?

I've seen numerous threads about adding backup cameras but they were all to aftermarket HU's.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.. Man.. $200 for that one too.. I may just end up installing my CarPC in my Titan.. All these things I'm trying to get back from having before my Titan would cost more then the amount of work to install the CarPC..

·
Registered
422 Posts
I want to add a backup camera for my 08 LE with factory navigation.. I found this to do exactly what I want, which is to add another video input.. However, it's $200 and was hoping there are cheaper ways to do it..

Has anyone done this?

I've seen numerous threads about adding backup cameras but they were all to aftermarket HU's.

Thanks

I have that navtool. Works perfect. Two video inputs although I have only connected the back up camera. Install was easy, but be very careful not to scratch the factory screen when removing it.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I honestly haven't really seen another way to do what you want in the eons I've been on this site. You need the audio input splitter and you need it switched... The Nav unit does exactly that. There may be others that copy the system, but I haven't seen them.

That said, we all know there's always more than one way to do anything. This one is specifically designed to do exactly what you want to do. Let us know what else you come up with! Good luck!

·
Registered
422 Posts
My navtool has no audio input

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I meant video... video input... Sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts