Nissan Titan Forum banner

Additonal LED lighting

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Carbeaux 
#1 ·
On my Honda Pilot I was able to add additional LED lights to my center console that come one when I turn on the parking lights.

I want to do this in the Titan because the console and surrounding areas are too dark and I want to be able to see stuff in there without having to turn on the overhead lights.

Does anyone have any picts of the console assembly and wiring schematics? I need to be able to run the wires and find the closest wiring for any light that comes on when the parking lights are turned on.

I have a light use in our camper for drawers that comes on when the magenetic switch connection is broken. I may have to use those if this proves to be too hard a project.

#4 ·
I got the lights today and found a post on how to open up the center console. Now I just have to find time to do the mod and figure out which wire controls the lights on the shifter.

What I plan to end up with is some led lights that come on when the running lights are turned on.

#5 ·
Couldn't you tap in the little light that is constantly on next to the map lights. It might be easier to tap into.

#6 ·
??? I'm talking about the storage console between the two front seats. The only lights I can find there are for the shifter.

#8 ·
Why not go ahead and use either a magnetic switch, or a tilt switch? Both with a constant power source. That way, it on WHENEVER you open it, not just when your courtesy lights are on?

#9 ·
I thought about a switch but not what kind (part #). Got any ideas?

#10 ·
Though this site isn't loading well this morning, I've bought a couple of tilt switches from them.

http://www.action-electronics.com/

Also bought some LED lighted rocker switches for this yet-to-be-finished switch box I'm in the middle of. :lol: IIRC, the do have some magnetic switches as well. You'd want normally closed, I think. Open in the presence of the magnet, that would be when your console is closed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.