Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

First off i've been a long time lurker, but have found these forums very well informative and very good reads.

I've done searches in the past on google and have probably 60% of the info I need to know, but figured i'd just go ahead and post my situation and see what the experts say.

I recently bought a 2007 Nissan Titan LE, 2WD drive without the Tow package installed. I know i probably should of looked more into it, but at the time it made sense and worked for my situation, I'm young and new to all this, i make decent money so in the near future maybe i'll wise up and get everything i want all up front.

Anyways my question is, what exactly should i be looking for in a tow package? I see a lot of hitches out there and the wire harness i've looked at and should be a pretty straight forward install, but I know i definitely want to go dealer suggests, unless you guys know better.

I have the bumper to bumper warranty so i want to make sure i get the right stuff so i don't void the warranty.

I don't plan on buying a giant boat or a car trailer, but I'm getting a couple of use jet skis and a double trailer in the near future and want to make sure i know everything i need to know to haul them.

I've seen info on the gear sizes and tranny temps. My titan has a tow mode on it, i'm assuming that should take care of the tranny needs minus the temp gauge, correct?

Do you think there is anything else i should know, including driving with it and what to expect?

Million dollar question is, can my truck handle what i'm asking for?

Like i said one day down the road i'll buy the truck that has all the stuff up front, but i made my choice for now and i'm living with it, want to at least explore my options.

thanks guys for listening to me ramble, looking forward to the response.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Your truck right now can easily handle what you plan to tow.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Ya you will be fine Ski's dont weigh that much I work at a Sea Doo dealer and the new 4 stroke ski's which weigh more then the older 2 strokes weigh about 800 pounds so a pair and a double trailer your going to be right over 2K pounds. Just get a hitch your bumper could do it but a hitch will be better because you will need a little drop for the trailer to be level.

·
Registered
720 Posts
U-Haul makes a nice hitch and they will do the entire install - hitch, wire harness and relays if you need them.

The hitch, ball mount (slide, insert, whatever-you-want-to-call-it), 2" ball, pin, 7/4 plug-in wire harness and installation - $200

Nissan Titan Relay Kit - $25 (has all 3 relays)

There is a discount for buying it on-line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts