Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on the site for a few years but it was very helpful to me.
Some history,purchased my first Titan in the spring of '04.Put 60 K on it with only some factory recalls to deal with. In the fall of '07 I bought an "08 XE with tow.Put 112K on it with several trips to FL (from ND) pulling 3500 lbs.Never any issues with it & I just sold it to my brother.
So,for about 11 years I have been driving these trucks With a total of nearly 175K trouble free miles.Changed my own fluids,Mobile 1 5-30 & Amsoil gear lube.
I originally liked the Titan because of the engine & tranny (a real 5 speed).It had new features like an easy lift tailgate & wide opening king cab doors.The cab was also very comfortable to me.
So why did I move on & what did I buy?
11 years in basically the same vehicle was enough.
I bought the Titan for it's technology in 2004,in my opinion it was a big step up from the big 3 at that time.
So what did I buy?
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel.8 speed tranny,4wd.
Hope I like it as much as my Titans.If not I will be back once the Titan diesel gets the bugs worked out.
Thanks for all your help & adios..........

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about the Ram Ecodiesel. When I get rid of the Titan in a few years, the Ram "E" will probably be my next truck.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I haven't been on the site for a few years but it was very helpful to me.
Some history,purchased my first Titan in the spring of '04.Put 60 K on it with only some factory recalls to deal with. In the fall of '07 I bought an "08 XE with tow.Put 112K on it with several trips to FL (from ND) pulling 3500 lbs.Never any issues with it & I just sold it to my brother.
So,for about 11 years I have been driving these trucks With a total of nearly 175K trouble free miles.Changed my own fluids,Mobile 1 5-30 & Amsoil gear lube.
I originally liked the Titan because of the engine & tranny (a real 5 speed).It had new features like an easy lift tailgate & wide opening king cab doors.The cab was also very comfortable to me.
So why did I move on & what did I buy?
11 years in basically the same vehicle was enough.
I bought the Titan for it's technology in 2004,in my opinion it was a big step up from the big 3 at that time.
So what did I buy?
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel.8 speed tranny,4wd.
Hope I like it as much as my Titans.If not I will be back once the Titan diesel gets the bugs worked out.
Thanks for all your help & adios..........
Best wishes for your future endeavors. Thanks for being a loyalist since 04.:big_grin:

Reactions: Pickle-Smooch

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
doubt the ram will tow like the titan. but itll be great mileage for running errands and whatnot.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
doubt the ram will tow like the titan. but itll be great mileage for running errands and whatnot.
Titan 385 ft-lbs. @ 3400 rpm
Ecod 420 ft-lbs @ 2000 rpm

I think it will tow:wink:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Titan 385 ft-lbs. @ 3400 rpm
Ecod 420 ft-lbs @ 2000 rpm

I think it will tow:wink:
Yeah and the 5.7l hemi has 400 horsepower haha. Anywho good luck with the new truck

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Oil changes on that eco are horrible. A friend has one in the Jeep Cherokee and chit when he found out how much it was. Good Luck with it...

·
Registered
684 Posts
The RAM ecodiesel makes even less sense than the new XD. Don't get me wrong, RAM trucks are sweet, but I would've just bought the gasser engine.

I mean, it'll be a cool truck for HD runs and towing jet skis.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I believe that's the idea TurboDA6. People rarely max out their truck's tow capacity. Most people just want a truck for a daily driver and weekend chores. Diesels will always beat gas at mpg. Don't get me wrong, I love my titan, but economy is not one of it's strong suits. A guy I work with has a loaded ram 4x4 CC ecodiesel and he gets 28mpg on the highway..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts