Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am expecting my CST 8" lift in the mail shortly and just trying to think of a few things.... Here in Tampa it really common for the Ford guys to lift hier trucks and they always get behind me in my lowrider and their light are always bright. With the 8" lift should I adjust my headlights? and what has done this and how????

·
Registered
56 Posts
yes you should adjust them. In California the cops can and will stop you. Normally (I havent checked the titan) there is an adjustment knob on the lights somewhere that will lower or raise the beam. You can either take em to a shop that knows what the 'official' level is or try your luck yourself.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
You should but doesn't mean you have to lol
I love them the way they are with the lift. I can see everything with my lights. I get flashed by other drivers atleast once a night though lol

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
By all means adjust the lights, don't give all trucks a black eye by being so inconsiderate....

·
Registered
110 Posts
loufish said:
By all means adjust the lights, don't give all trucks a black eye by being so inconsiderate....
I second that!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
See how they line up after the lift, adjust as needed. They adjust with a 7mm bolt on top of the light.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i like blinding others lol

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
kartman said:
See how they line up after the lift, adjust as needed. They adjust with a 7mm bolt on top of the light.
after getting flashed by everyone, and I mean everyone even the other lifted trucks, I adjusted mine myself... drove to a straight, level, country road, then turned each bolt until the light was aimed at a lower level instead of up at the treetops... now I only get flashed by a few people who get flashed back...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I agree adjust them, i got my lift finished yesterday night and took it for a test drive. I only got flashed once but when i was at stop signs and stuff. I noticed they would shine straight into peoples cabs. Alot of them were squinting and covering their eyes. I felt kinda bad. lol

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Make the attempt to adjust them correctly, in the end even if they are adjusted "perfect" the will still be guys flashing, and yes at stoplights there will be guys with a mirror full of our lights...nature of the beast...

·
Registered
51 Posts
jasonator said:
So I am expecting my CST 8" lift in the mail shortly and just trying to think of a few things.... Here in Tampa it really common for the Ford guys to lift hier trucks and they always get behind me in my lowrider and their light are always bright. With the 8" lift should I adjust my headlights? and what has done this and how????

dont forget to also adjust your foglights if you have them...the headlights and foglights can also be adjusted using a t15 torx driver:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts