Nissan Titan Forum banner

Adjustable Height Rack?

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ridemaker 
#1 ·
So I did some searching and found plenty of racks out there. Has anyone installed an adjustable rack like the Thule XSporter 422 XT

My main concern is interference with the UtiliTrack system, I'd like to avoid taking it out but I really want something that is height adjustable.

I've seen the Hauler Racks and they seem nice considering that they don't interfere with a tonneau cover but they aren't height adjustable... Just high/low.:ftard:

So... The question is does anyone know of a height-adjustable rack that won't interfere with the UtiliTrack bonus if I can work in a tonneau...?

I've been raping google :bangit: so I don't expect to find exactly what I'm looking for - I've got some bikes and kayaks I need to figure out a way to move about.

#2 ·
Nothin?:bump:

#3 ·
I had the Thule rack on my '07 but brought it back as I made way too much noise. It was ok lowered but the raised position it was very noisy. I did not have the utili-trac.

Reactions: deadlift
#4 ·
I have the Thule racks you have in question on my truck....the only way they will fit on is to remove the utilitrac-track on the side of the bed. I found I use my rack more than the utilttrac, thus it was 86'd. As for sound they will whistle if left up. The cool thing about the rack is drops down, eliminating the noise. I have actually notched an extra position in the racks with an hacksaw and angle grinder. Now I can drop the back rack down 6" to lift the front of my canoe so it doesnt hit my roof.
'
;'

#5 ·
Nice thanks for the info.. I've been leaning towards this one, the adjust-ability seems to be a huge selling point. I use the utilitrack a ton- how hard was it to get off?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.